Income Taxes for Referrers

Referral BlogNo Comments

Income TaxesFor those of you who are curious how referral earnings apply to income taxes:

If your referral earnings this year totaled $600 or more, we will send you a W-9 form once you have reached that total. You will then need to complete this form and get it back to us promptly. Subsequently, you will receive a 1099 form from us by January 31st, which you would include with your income taxes. Note that if we don’t receive the W-9 back from you, we are instructed to withhold any future payouts until it has been received. This only applies to referrers who earn a total of $600 or more throughout the entire year.

If you have additional questions outside of this, you may want to consult with your tax adviser. Kind of strange to think that it’s nearly that time of year again!

Leave a comment below »

  1. Ashley Martinez March 31, 2016

    Can you resend my 1099 please?

    Hi Ashley,
    I forwarded your comment to our finance department.

    Best wishes!



Request Info