Top 5 Reasons: Computer Technician
We’ve almost reached the end of our Top 5 series. So far we’ve covered the Medical Transcription, Medical Coding and Billing, Pharmacy Technician, Medical Administrative Assistant, and Executive Assistant programs. Today we’re going to talk about our newest program—Computer Technician.
We launched the Computer Technician program back in May. It’s our first technology career program and so we’re naturally very excited about it. Picking only 5 points to cover was a little tricky, but this is what it boils down to…
1. CompTIA A+ exam preparation – The IT industry is focused heavily on certifications. There are lots of available credentials, and they give employers an easy way to judge what a job applicant is capable of. By building our Computer Technician program to prepare students to earn the CompTIA A+ credential, we’re making sure they have the skills to get a job and set themselves apart for others in the job market. Students will be prepared to take the CompTIA A+ exam once they pass the final.
2. A+ exam vouchers (a $360 value) – We’re so confident that students will be prepared to earn CompTIA A+ certification upon graduation that the course even includes vouchers to take both of the certification exams (CompTIA requires students to pass two exams in order to earn the A+ credential). These vouchers are worth over $360.
3. Hands-on training and labs – Some students assume that online training must mean that hands-on learning is impossible. Not true! We’ve incorporated a number of elements into our Computer Technician course that are specifically designed to teach students in a hands-on way. There are videos, pictures, and walk-throughs as well as 20 interactive labs that allow students to decide the best course of action in a given situation—just like in the real world.
4. 24/7 course access and one-on-one support – The Computer Technician program’s online platform allows students to study when it’s most convenient for them—whether that’s at noon or 2 a.m. With 24/7 access to all of the curriculum, students have complete flexibility, but they don’t sacrifice instructor support to get that freedom. Career Step has a number of technology instructors who have years of professional experience working in technology fields. These instructors are available by phone or email when students need a little help.
5. Affordability – The Career Step Computer Technician program offers incredible value. For about $1,995 students are prepared for a career with average salaries of over $50,000 a year and lots of opportunity for advancement and specialization (which all increase earning potential). With Career Step training and the A+ credentials, graduates will have the skills to start a rewarding career and will be positioned so that they can move up with just a little additional education or experience.
What do you think of our newest program? Do you know anyone who’s looking to break into the IT industry?