Top 5 Reasons: Veterinary Assistant
Do you know someone who loves animals? Then our Veterinary Assistant program may be the right fit for them! Veterinary assistants take care of our furry and feathered friends in animal hospitals, clinics, and laboratories—and because there are animals and pets wherever you go, the job opportunities are plentiful!
As you look to refer more friends and family to Career Step’s programs, here are our top 5 reasons to choose Career Step’s Veterinary Assistant program.
1. Join a growing field – Did you know people spent more than $60 billion on their pets last year? The pet care industry is booming, and the need for veterinary assistants is no exception. The demand for vet assistants is expected to grow 9% by 2024—faster than the average profession—and with a high occupational turnover, there will be plenty of jobs that need to be filled by well-trained assistants.
2. Train in 3 months or less – Career Step’s program takes you from no working knowledge to being career ready in as little 3 months! And with the flexibility of online education, you can work at the pace and on the schedule you choose—whether that means working hard to finish faster or taking up to 6 months to complete your course.
3. Learn from engaging curriculum – Career Step has been teaching students career skills for almost 25 years, and we know students learn best when they’re engaged. We work to present the information in ways that involve the learner, including multimedia and interactive learning games.
4. Get support every step of the way – Online education means you learn outside of a classroom setting, but with Career Step, you’re never on your own. Our program includes academic advisors and instructors who will work with you every step of the way, and our graduate support team will help you find a great job after you complete the program. The encouraging Career Step community is full of fellow learners who can help you as well.
5. Don’t break the bank – The Career Step Veterinary Assistant program provides everything students need to start a successful new career for only $1,995. That means that as you enter a field with average salaries of $26,000 a year, you should be able to earn back your educational investment in as little as 2 paychecks!
If you’d like additional resources about the opportunities provided by Career Step’s Veterinary Assistant program, please CareerStep.com/veterinary-assistant-careers.
And if you’re interested in the rest of our Top 5 series, check out our past posts on our Medical Transcription, Medical Coding and Billing, Medical Administrative Assistant, Medical Administrative Assistant with EHR, Executive Assistant, Medical Billing, Pharmacy Technician, and Computer Technician programs.
What do you think of our list? Did we miss any reasons to become a veterinary assistant?