APRIL ONLY: Get a free iPad!Enroll Online »
Medical Administrative Assistant Training
What Medical Administrative Assistant Training Does Career Step Offer?
Career Step offers two online medical administrative assistant programs:
Medical Administrative Assistant with EHR
Medical Administrative Assistant
- Career Step's premier online medical administrative assistant program
- Approved by the National Healthcareer Association
- Includes hands-on training on the industry-standard, government-certified exEMRx software
- Prepares students to earn both the CMAA and CEHRS credentials
- 285 hours of curriculum
The electronic health records training in the Medical Administrative Assistant with EHR program expands your skill set beyond that of traditional medical administrative assistant, making you more in demand when you're looking for a job.
How Long Will the Training Take?
The medical administrative assistant programs are designed to be completed in 3 months of full-time study. However, the online format allows you to study on your own schedule and at your own pace, so your enrollment includes 6 months of program access in case you need extra time.
What Will I Be Learning?
In both of the Career Step medical administrative assistant programs you'll learn:
- HIPPA regulations
- Typing skills
- Microsoft Office skills
- Basic anatomy
- Medical terminology
- Healthcare reimbursement
- Medical office procedures and management
The Medical Administrative Assistant with EHR program also includes training on the ezEMRx software. Learning to use this industry standard software before graduation ensures you develop the software skills you’ll need on the job and minimizes your on-the-job training once you start working. The program’s focus is on preparing you to work with electronic health records and learn to manage a medical office so you’ll have the skills you need to pass the CEHRS and CMAA certification exams and start working as soon as you graduate.
For more information on what is included in the online medical administrative assistant programs, download the program brochures:
The electronic health record industry expects over 180,000 new jobs in the next few years. Find out if this is the career for you!
A certificate program is a quick, affordable way to learn job skills that can make the difference between wishing you could get a new job and starting a rewarding new career.
- "I was very fortunate to find a job . . . within the first month. While I found the course to be exactly what it was advertised to be and I was very pleased with the training I received, I cannot say enough about Graduate Support! I was not expecting the level of involvement with my job search that Career Step provided. In my opinion, Career Step does not consider you to have completed the course until you have found employment!" Read More Reviews »