- Work at the crossroads of healthcare and technology
- Train in as little as 4 months at your pace
- Prepare to earn average salaries of $52,000/yr
- All for only $3,795
- See the Top 5 Reasons to Choose Career Step
- Enroll Today: Get a laptop plus FREE textbooks!
Enroll Today: Get a laptop plus FREE textbooks!Enroll Online »
Healthcare IT Job Description & Earning Potential
What Will I Be Doing in Healthcare IT?
Healthcare is evolving and the industry is using technology in exciting new ways to improve patient care and decrease costs. Healthcare IT professionals handle the growing needs of healthcare facilities and providers. Your specific responsibilities will vary depending on where you work, but they may include:
- Installing and maintaining electronic health record systems
- Working as part of an internal IT team
- Providing technical support to employees throughout a healthcare facility
Healthcare IT professionals can be found working all across healthcare, and as healthcare’s use of technology increases the demand for these professionals will rise as well.
How Much Can I Make In Healthcare IT?
Health information pay rates vary by employer, geographic location, and experience as in any other field, and you may be able to increase your earning potential by earning various industry credentials. With Career Step healthcare IT training, you can prepare for:
- Competitive salaries – Healthcare IT professionals are classified by the U.S. Department of Labor among other computer technicians, and it is reported that these professionals earn between $37,300 and $63,030 a year.
- Get certified, earn more – Professionals who have relevant industry credentials often earn more and have access to more jobs. Industry certifications to consider include CompTIA A+ and the CMAA and CEHRS certifications.
- Career Step includes certification prep – Certification preparation is built into the curriculum, and after graduation you’ll be prepared to earn the CompTIA A+, CEHRS, and CMAA credentials.
With Career Step, you’ll have the knowledge and skills you need to earn your industry credentials right after graduation, maximizing your earning potential right away.
Read Carmella Jones's story »
Read Michelle Spoden's story »
Read Jessica Christiansen's story »
Read Traci Martin's story »