- Work at the crossroads of healthcare and technology
- Train in as little as 4 months at your pace
- Prepare to earn average salaries of $52,000/yr
- All for only $3,795
- See the Top 5 Reasons to Choose Career Step
- Ends Oct 26: Free laptop or up to $400 off!
Ends Oct 26: Free laptop or up to $400 off!Enroll Online »
Healthcare IT Salary Information & Resources
Healthcare IT professionals are classified by the U.S. Department of Labor among other computer technicians. Information from the Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor’s May 2015 report on the computer technicians working in healthcare report:
- Average annual wages – The average salary reported is over $52,000 a year, or an hourly average of over $25 an hour.
- Healthcare IT professional salary range – The report states that the middle 50% of computer technicians working in healthcare earn between $37,300 and $63,030 a year.
- Traditional benefits – As a full-time healthcare IT professional, you may also qualify for traditional employment benefits.
The healthcare IT professional salary you can expect to earn varies by employer and geographic location, and it has the potential to increase as you gain experience, education, and additional certifications.
Read Erika Gomm's story »
Read Clare Braham's story »
Read Jessica Christiansen's story »
Read Michelle Spoden's story »