ICD-10 Education For Trained Medical Coders
The mandated ICD-10 transition is fast approaching, and you have to make sure you're prepared! Train with Jefferson College to get the continuing education you need to be ICD-10 ready.
Choose our ICD-10 FastTrack training for:
- Expert-designed curriculum – Developed by AHIMA-Approved ICD-10-CM/PCS Trainers as well as other experts with decades of experience teaching coding, this course is specifically designed to help you quickly gain the ICD-10 specific skills you'll need.
- Employer-trusted training – Some of the largest and most trusted healthcare organization in the country are already using this training to prepare their employees. Choose the training even employers are using!
- All-inclusive education – Both AHIMA and AAPC recommend that coders take biomedical sciences training in addition to ICD-10 code set training. With this course, you'll have the biomedical sciences training you need to make the most of the included ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS code set training.
This course is designed for new ICD-9 medical coders. It is not intended for those who have never completed medical coding training or experienced medical coders.
Our online ICD-10 FastTrack course allows you to fit the continuing education you need in around your already busy work and personal schedules. Get the training you need to ensure your long-term success as a medical coder! Call 1-877-225-7151 or request free information today for more details!
- What is the difference between the ICD-10 FastTrack and the Professional Medical Coding and Billing program?
The ICD-10 FastTrack program focuses solely on teaching ICD-10 skills and assumes that students are familiar with how the industry works, medical terminology, pharmacology, and basic anatomy and pathophysiology. This program is intended for those who have completed a medical coding training program, not experienced medical coders. Students without medical coding experience or training should consider the Professional Medical Coding and Billing program, which is meant to teach those without any healthcare or medical coding experience everything they need to know to prepare for a career in this field.
- Do I need any prior qualifications to take the ICD-10 FastTrack program?
The Career Step ICD-10 FastTrack course focuses solely on teaching you the skills you need for ICD-10 coding. It assumes that you already have the skills of a medical coder, including familiarity with how the industry works, medical terminology, pharmacology, and basic anatomy and pathophysiology. The course is not designed for those who have never completed medical coding training (the Professional Medical Coding and Billing course is meant for these individuals) or intended for experienced medical coders.
- How is the Career Step ICD-10 FastTrack program structured?
The Career Step ICD-10 FastTrack program is organized into three sections: Advanced Pathophysiology, Advanced Anatomy and Physiology, and ICD-10 Coding. The first two sections will teach relevant biomedical sciences from an ICD-10 perspective to ensure you're ready to effectively use the ICD-10 code set. Then the ICD-10 Coding module teaches how to use the new code set and includes guided hands-on exercises to give you the opportunity to practice coding with the new code set.
- How long does it take to finish the course?
The ICD-10 FastTrack training program is designed to be completed in about 7-12 weeks of part-time study. The course includes 141 hours of curriculum, and the online format allows you to study on the schedule that works for your life. Enrollment provides 3 months of online access to the program.
- What computer specifications are required to complete the course?
We recommend the following minimum computer system specifications:
- Active internet connection (High speed/Broadband connection recommended)
- 800 X 600 minimum resolution (1024 X 768 or higher recommended)
- Sound card and speakers (Earphones recommended)
- Available USB port
- Adobe Flash Player (ver. 10 or higher)
- Windows Media Player (ver. 10 or higher) or Quicktime Player (ver. 7 or higher)
- PDF reader
- Internet Explorer 7.x/8.x/9.x
- Firefox 3.x
- Safari 4.x or greater (Mac only)
- Microsoft Windows (XP®, Vista®, 7 with latest service pack)
- Mac OS X (10.4.11 or greater)
Note: Mobile browsing devices are not currently supported. However, Career Step is investigating the implementation of mobile device support, and these specifications will be updated once a decision has been reached.
Thank you for your inquiry.
We'll contact you soon!
A certificate program is a quick, affordable way to learn job skills that can make the difference between wishing you could get a new job and starting a rewarding new career.
Make an online program work for you! Check out our 5 student-tested study tips for staying motivated and productive as an online student.
- "I love Career Step! When I enrolled, I thought that this was going to be a hard, lonely road. I was wrong. When I enrolled, I joined a team and gained a family. I was never alone. If I needed help or had a question, all I had to do was email student support or post on the forum. Everybody was so friendly and knowledgeable. They always gave you the feeling that they were only there for one reason—to see you succeed." Read More Reviews »
- "I never thought an online teaching program would work for me, but . . . it taught me the discipline needed to be successful in the industry. I am looking forward to working in this field very much. Thank you!" Read More Reviews »
- "Career Step has provided me with a wonderful opportunity to start a new career. Thanks to the intense course, I feel confident in starting my new career. . . . I know I would not be able to do this work if your course had not been so complete." Read More Reviews »
- "We've hired a number of Career Step graduates, and we've been very happy with the quality of the work that they've done at our organization. We love the way that the program tests and evaluates them along the process, and it's really helped us select those who are really shining stars." Read More Reviews »
- "I researched schools for two years before signing up for the Medical Billing and Coding course with Career Step. I wanted to make sure I received training from a school that would set me apart from other candidates. . . . I have noticed that recruiters are highly impressed with my skills, and even though I recently graduated, I have several job opportunities in the works! . . . Thank you Career Step!" Read More Reviews »