Everything You Need to be a CompTIA A+ Certified Computer Technician!
Train with Maricopa Corporate College and gain the skills you need to earn CompTIA A+ certification and start your rewarding career in the rapidly growing technology field. With over 123,000 new computer technician jobs expected by 2022* and average annual salaries of $50,000*, this is an excellent career choice.
Choose our training for:
- CompTIA A+ certification prep – Graduate with the skills you need to earn CompTIA A+ certification; exam vouchers are even included with the program (a $350 value)!
- Quick timelines and focused training – Choose real-world training designed by experienced industry experts that can have you career ready in as little as 3 months.
- One-on-one instructor support – With one-on-one access to dedicated instructors with years of professional experience, you'll have the help you need to succeed.
Start preparing for the many opportunities in the technology industry with our online Computer Technician training program. Call 1-877-225-7151 or request free information today for more details!*U.S. Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics
- What will I be doing as a computer technician?
Computer technicians help support the use of technology by businesses and individuals. Their specific responsibilities vary by position, however, examples of possible computer technician jobs include: working in a retail electronics store repairing and maintaining customers' hardware and software, working as part of an internal IT team in a large or medium sized business, or providing technical support to customers via phone or email.
- What is the job market for a computer technician?
The growing use of technology is putting well-trained computer technicians in high demand. The U.S. Department of Labor's Bureau of Labor Statistics projects that the computer technician field will grow 17% by 2022, which represents over 123,000 new jobs.
- How much can I earn as a computer technician?
The U.S. Department of Labor report states that the middle 50% of computer technicians nationwide earn between $36,990 and $62,530 annually. You may also qualify for traditional employment benefits as a computer technician.
- Do I need to be certified?
Though certification may not always be a requirement for employment, CompTIA A+ certification will help your resume stand out in the job market and will also give you access to more job opportunities. The Career Step Computer Technician training program is specifically designed to prepare you for this certification and also includes 2 certification exam vouchers, which you will receive when you finish the training program.
- What are the advantages of training with Career Step?
Career Step has been training quality professionals for over 20 years and offers a comprehensive training program that thoroughly prepares students to work as computer technicians. With Career Step, you can train affordably without sacrificing quality, learn from comprehensive curriculum developed by industry professionals, take advantage of live student and graduate support, and quickly gain the specialized skills you need to earn your CompTIA A+ certification and succeed as a computer technician. We're committed to helping you achieve your goals, and Career Step provides everything you need to succeed!
- What kind of skills or experience do I need to enter the Career Step program?
In order to be admitted, you must be at least 18 years of age and either a) have a high school diploma or a General Education Development Certificate (GED), or b) pass the Career Step Pre-Enrollment Assessment Test. There are no specific skills or experience that are considered prerequisites for entry into the Career Step training program.
- How is the Career Step Computer Technician program structured?
The Career Step Computer Technician program is offered entirely online, providing 24/7 access to all material and allowing you to progress through the curriculum on your own schedule and at your own pace. The program is broken into modules, or course subjects, all of which focus on helping you build the essential knowledge and skills of a computer technician. The curriculum is built on the exam objectives published by CompTIA, and the midterm and final exams are even designed as mock exams that mirror the A+ exams so you can measure your readiness for the certification exams. This format ensures that you'll be prepared to earn your CompTIA A+ certification immediately upon graduation.
- What type of student support does Career Step offer?
Career Step student support includes access to:
Student Support Advisors who have professional experience in the industry and are uniquely qualified to answer questions about both the curriculum and the industry. They provide timely answers to questions about the program material and offer a number of personal consultations throughout the training to help students master important concepts.
Technical Support Advisors who are knowledgeable, experienced, and available six days a week to help you work through any technical or computer issues encountered within the training program.
Graduate Support Advisors who help you transition to the workforce after graduation. Your Graduate Advisors will help prepare the best resume, develop solid interview skills, and teach you valuable job search techniques.
Though the course is entirely online, you'll never be on your own. Career Step's student support team will always be there to offer personal, ongoing support all the way through the training program.
- How long does it take to finish the course?
The Career Step Computer Technician training program is 305 completion hours. Since the program is completely self-paced and the online training format allows you the flexibility to study as much or as little as your schedule allows, the time it takes you to complete the course will vary from other students. Some students are able to complete their training program in as little as one or two months and others, who are more limited in the time they can devote to the course, take longer (for example, students who can devote about 15 hours a week may finish in about 5 months).
Every student who enrolls in the Career Step Computer Technician training program receives an initial 3-month period of enrollment–and we currently offer an additional 3 months at no extra charge! You'll have a full 6 months to complete the program. If you need extra time to complete the course after your initial 6-month enrollment, we have 3-month extensions available for purchase.
- How do I find work after graduation?
Career Step offers personalized, post-graduation resources for your job search, including:
- 2 certification exam vouchers to make it easy to take your CompTIA A+ exam after graduation
- Personal consultation with a Graduate Advisor
- Personalized interview tutorials and training
- Individual resume and cover letter review, tips, and advice
- Access to Career Step's help hotline for six months after graduation
These resources offer the personalized help you need after graduation to quickly and easily transition to the workplace. With this individualized help and attention, the majority of our graduates are hired within a few months of graduation.
- What materials and computer specifications are required to complete the course?
Your enrollment includes everything you will need to train for a successful career as a computer technician. Your enrollment includes:
- Access to expert-created curriculum
- 2-volume text companion series of textbooks
- 2 quick-reference guides for A+ exam study
- Computer repair toolkit
- Power supply tester and USB drive
- One-on-one help from your instructors and our technical support team
- 2 certification exam vouchers upon program completion
- Valuable graduate resources
Since the course is completely online, your computer will play an important role in your learning experience. We recommend the following minimum computer system specifications:
- Active internet connection (High speed/Broadband connection recommended)
- 800 X 600 minimum resolution (1024 X 768 or higher recommended)
- Sound card and speakers (Earphones recommended)
- Available USB port
- Adobe Flash Player (ver. 10 or higher)
- Windows Media Player (ver. 10 or higher) or Quicktime Player (ver. 7 or higher)
- PDF reader
- Internet Explorer 7.x/8.x/9.x
- Firefox 3.x
- Safari 4.x or greater (Mac only)
- Microsoft Windows (XP®, Vista®, 7 with latest service pack)
- Mac OS X (10.4.11 or greater)
Note: Mobile browsing devices are not currently supported. However, Career Step is investigating the implementation of mobile device support, and these specifications will be updated once a decision has been reached.
Thank you for your inquiry.
We'll contact you soon!
A certificate program is a quick, affordable way to learn job skills that can make the difference between wishing you could get a new job and starting a rewarding new career.
- "Career Step has provided me with a wonderful opportunity to start a new career. Thanks to the intense course, I feel confident in starting my new career. . . . I know I would not be able to do this work if your course had not been so complete." Read More Reviews »
- "We've hired a number of Career Step graduates, and we've been very happy with the quality of the work that they've done at our organization. We love the way that the program tests and evaluates them along the process, and it's really helped us select those who are really shining stars." Read More Reviews »
- "I never thought an online teaching program would work for me, but . . . it taught me the discipline needed to be successful in the industry. I am looking forward to working in this field very much. Thank you!" Read More Reviews »
- "I love Career Step! When I enrolled, I thought that this was going to be a hard, lonely road. I was wrong. When I enrolled, I joined a team and gained a family. I was never alone. If I needed help or had a question, all I had to do was email student support or post on the forum. Everybody was so friendly and knowledgeable. They always gave you the feeling that they were only there for one reason—to see you succeed." Read More Reviews »
- "I researched schools for two years before signing up for the Medical Billing and Coding course with Career Step. I wanted to make sure I received training from a school that would set me apart from other candidates. . . . I have noticed that recruiters are highly impressed with my skills, and even though I recently graduated, I have several job opportunities in the works! . . . Thank you Career Step!" Read More Reviews »