Online Continuing Education Programs
Even when you're already working in a successful career, furthering your education can help you continue your career growth, stay competitive, and set yourself apart from the competition. As a leader in medical transcription training, Career Step has harnessed years of experience and employer feedback to develop several online continuing education courses. These online programs help trained medical transcriptionists expand their skill sets and prepare to earn industry credentials.
Designed for recently trained ICD-9 medical coders preparing for the transition to the ICD-10 code set.
ICD-9 for ICD-10 Coders
Designed for recently trained ICD-10 medical coders preparing for the ICD-9 code set.
Medical Transcription Editing Supplement
Designed for trained medical transcriptionists looking to expand their skill sets to include speech recognition editing.
RHDS Exam Prep
Up-to-date RHDS exam prep curriculum specifically designed to help you quickly prepare for AHDI’s new test format.
JULY ONLY: Get a free laptop or up to $300 off when you enroll by July 31!Enroll online »
Employment Focused Training
"The training you get from Career Step is just like the work you will receive when you start working." See More Reasons »
- "I currently work for a national healthcare consulting company and thanks to the Career Step program my career is advancing very rapidly. ... Without Career Step I never would have been ready for the national exam. The setup of the program was very user friendly and if I ever had a question it was answered in a very prompt manner. I have referred others to the program and my co-workers have also mentioned the program to others looking to prepare for the certification exam. THANK YOU CAREER STEP!!!!" Read More Reviews »
Big Bang for Your Buck
"I definitely got my money’s worth with Career Step…" See More Reasons »
- "Career Step’s Pharmacy Technician program was very well designed to prepare me for the certification process. . . . As I was preparing for the final exam, I scheduled my certification with PTCB, and within a week I was able to schedule the certification test and successfully pass that exam. The self-directing classwork with technical and education support available as needed worked very well, allowing me to move through the course at my own speed." Read More Reviews »
- "I was always very skeptical when it came to taking courses online. I always felt that it would be better to be in a classroom environment, but when I started Career Step, boy did I get comfortable quick. I was amazed at how much support was there for me, and I sure did use it. The student support team was always there to listen to me and encourage me and help me get my mind back on track. . . . They helped me with anything and everything . . . WOW! Thank you so much, Career Step!" Read More Reviews »
- "I do feel the Pharmacy Technician program I just completed through Career Step prepared me very well both for the PTCE and the externship. In fact, the PTCE was, if anything, something of a letdown in that it did not seem as challenging as I thought it was going to be. . ." Read More Reviews »
- "I did not know if I could be effective in this field as a T2 paraplegic. I had a deep desire to be a medical transcriptionist, so I kept positive and just went for it. I am now a medical transcription graduate and looking forward to finding employment. Carry on, and it will be worth all the effort you put forth!" Read More Reviews »
- "We've hired a number of Career Step graduates, and we've been very happy with the quality of the work that they've done at our organization. We love the way that the program tests and evaluates them along the process, and it's really helped us select those who are really shining stars." Read More Reviews »
- "The experience with Career Step was a wonderful one. I was working two jobs and raising my newborn son while taking these courses, and the program is so convenient that even I was able to find the appropriate time." Read More Reviews »
- "I can't thank all of you at Career Step enough! I passed the PTCE in November and started a new job at a locally owned pharmacy the first week of January! With my husband in the Army, I'm so grateful to have a "mobile" career that is so rewarding and that I really enjoy. I truly couldn't have done it without you!" Read More Reviews »