Online Continuing Education Programs
Even when you're already working in a successful career, furthering your education can help you continue your career growth, stay competitive, and set yourself apart from the competition. As a leader in medical transcription training, Career Step has harnessed years of experience and employer feedback to develop several online continuing education courses. These online programs help trained medical transcriptionists expand their skill sets and prepare to earn industry credentials.
Designed for trained or experienced medical coders preparing for the October 1, 2014 transition to the ICD-10 code set.
Medical Transcription Editing Supplement
Designed for trained medical transcriptionists looking to expand their skill sets to include speech recognition editing.
RHDS Exam Prep
Up-to-date RHDS exam prep curriculum specifically designed to help you quickly prepare for AHDI’s new test format.
MARCH ONLY: Lock in 2013 pricing and get a free laptop or Kindle FireEnroll online »
- "I can't thank all of you at Career Step enough! I passed the PTCE in November and started a new job at a locally owned pharmacy the first week of January! With my husband in the Army, I'm so grateful to have a "mobile" career that is so rewarding and that I really enjoy. I truly couldn't have done it without you!" Read More Reviews »
- "The experience with Career Step was a wonderful one. I was working two jobs and raising my newborn son while taking these courses, and the program is so convenient that even I was able to find the appropriate time." Read More Reviews »
- "Career Step has provided me with a wonderful opportunity to start a new career. Thanks to the intense course, I feel confident in starting my new career. . . . I know I would not be able to do this work if your course had not been so complete." Read More Reviews »
- "Before Career Step I was enrolled in another medical transcription program. After this first program, I started applying for jobs. I applied for about 3 months and never got past the transcription portion to be interviewed. Finally, feeling frustrated, I enrolled in Career Step. The program did take me more than a year to complete, but I got a job 2 weeks after graduation. This program prepare the student for the real world medical transcription positions. Anyone wanting to secure a job in the medical transcription field should study with Career Step. I wish I had gone through them the first time." Read More Reviews »
- "I love Career Step! When I enrolled, I thought that this was going to be a hard, lonely road. I was wrong. When I enrolled, I joined a team and gained a family. I was never alone. If I needed help or had a question, all I had to do was email student support or post on the forum. Everybody was so friendly and knowledgeable. They always gave you the feeling that they were only there for one reason—to see you succeed." Read More Reviews »
- "I was concerned that in this economy I was going to have a hard time finding a job after graduating. Also, everyone talks so much about companies not hiring new graduates, but from the day I received my final exam results, it took me 14 days to find a great job! I scored very well on the company test, and I know it was due to my training in the Career Step program!" Read More Reviews »
- "Being a pharmacy technician was a good experience to have early on in my working life. I have learned valuable customer service skills, great attention to detail, and strong abilities to work in a team. These skills are great to have in my everyday life as well in the working environment. I have also enjoyed getting to know the regular customers and found confidence and contentment in helping others. This is a great career to be in!" Read More Reviews »
- "Career Step changed everything for me! he program was challenging and, ultimately, rewarding! I went on to become nationally certified soon after completing the course. . . . Thank you for the new career and life!" Read More Reviews »
- "I was well prepared for my externship in terms of my understanding of Latin abbreviations and standard practices. I actually completed the retail practice module before starting and found the labs on how to type up prescriptions very helpful. . ." Read More Reviews »
- "I just have to say that Career Step has TRULY changed my life!! You work so hard for a 2- or 4-year college degree and then are left with no on-the-job experience and no employment when you've graduated. Yet with Career Step, I was able to complete the course in less than a year, had training that left me fully prepared and equipped, and was contacted by a recruiter a few days after graduating!" Read More Reviews »