- Demonstrate Professional Knowledge
- Prove Industry Commitment
- Prepare for the CHDS Credential
- All for Only $175
Get Started TodayEnroll Online
RHDS Exam Preparation FAQs
Get answers to the frequently asked questions (FAQs) before you enroll in a RHDS Exam Preparation program.
- What does RHDS stand for?
RHDS stands for Registered Healthcare Documentation Specialist. The RHDS credential is awarded upon successful completion of the AHDI credentialing exam. This exam is recommended for medical transcriptionists with less than two years of acute care experience.
- What is the difference between the RHDS and CHDS exams?
A medical transcriptionist with less than two years of acute care transcription work experience may take the RHDS exam through AHDI. In order to take the CHDS certification exam, it is strongly recommended that a medical transcriptionist have at least two years of acute care transcription work experience.
- Is the AHDI Book of Style required to complete the Career Step RHDS Exam Prep training program?
The AHDI Book of Style is not specifically required, but it is a useful and informative tool in understanding both the stylistic and formatting requirements mandated by AHDI. Throughout the program, you'll find Book of Style hints and guidelines for many of the body systems and specialties.
- How is the Career Step RHDS Exam Prep course structured?
The Career Step RHDS Exam Prep course is offered entirely online, providing 24/7 access to all material and allowing you to progress through the curriculum at a pace that fits your busy lifestyle. The program is broken into modules, or course subjects, and is designed to help you quickly polish the knowledge and skills you'll need to successfully earn the RHDS credential.
- What type of student support does Career Step offer?
Career Step's student support has several levels and is designed to ensure that you're not alone as you work through the online course.
Student Support Instructors and Advisors who have professional experience in the industry and provide prompt answers to questions about the program material.
Technical Support Advisors who are available six days a week to help you work through any technical or computer issues encountered within the training program.
Though the course is entirely online, you'll never be on your own. Career Step's student support team is available to offer personal, ongoing support all the way through the training program.
- How much practice dictation is included in the programs?
There are 57 doctor dictation files included in the Career Step RHDS Exam Prep course. This dictation provides you the opportunity to polish your medical transcription skills before taking the RHDS exam.
- How long does it take to finish the course?
The RHDS Exam Prep course offers 90 completion hours of curriculum. Since the program is completely self-paced and the online training format allows you the flexibility to study at a pace your busy lifestyle allows, the time it takes you to complete the course will vary from other students.
Every student who enrolls in a Career Step training program receives an initial 4-month period of enrollment. If you need extra time to complete the course after your initial enrollment, we have extensions available for purchase. Please call 1-800-246-7837 for details.
- What computer specifications are required to complete the course?
We recommend the following computer system specifications:
- Active internet connection (High speed/Broadband connection recommended)
- 800 X 600 minimum resolution (1024 X 768 or higher recommended)
- Sound card and speakers (Earphones recommended)
- Available USB port
- Adobe Flash Player (ver. 10 or higher)
- Windows Media Player (ver. 10 or higher) or Quicktime Player (ver. 7 or higher)
- PDF reader
- Internet Explorer 7.x/8.x/9.x
- Firefox 3.x
- Safari 4.x or greater (Mac only)
- Microsoft Windows (XP®, Vista®, 7 with latest service pack)
- Mac OS X (10.4.11 or greater)
Fill out the form above to access our free ebook today!
Career Step graduate, Dana, describes her experience with the online school as she chose to study with Career Step as a medical transcriptionist. Watch Video »
- "The experience with Career Step was a wonderful one. I was working two jobs and raising my newborn son while taking these courses, and the program is so convenient that even I was able to find the appropriate time." Read More Reviews »
Employment Focused Training
"The training you get from Career Step is just like the work you will receive when you start working." See More Reasons »
"The Career Step program is well-designed . . . Step by step, it leads the student through learning . . ." See More Reasons »
- "I was always very skeptical when it came to taking courses online. I always felt that it would be better to be in a classroom environment, but when I started Career Step, boy did I get comfortable quick. I was amazed at how much support was there for me, and I sure did use it. The student support team was always there to listen to me and encourage me and help me get my mind back on track. . . . They helped me with anything and everything . . . WOW! Thank you so much, Career Step!" Read More Reviews »
- "Overall, I was very pleased with everything that Career Step had to offer. I was attracted to Career Step because I am a military spouse, and I was looking for a new career that would be easy to transfer, as my family transfers from one base to another. . . . As a new graduate, I look forward to all the new opportunities that Career Step has opened up to me." Read More Reviews »
Big Bang for Your Buck
"I definitely got my money’s worth with Career Step…" See More Reasons »