Be an Executive Assistant in Less Than 3 Months!
Study with Technical College of the Lowcountry and you can gain the skills you need to get a job in administrative or executive assisting. With over 479,500 new administrative assistant jobs* expected by 2022, there are lots of opportunities across a variety of industries.
Choose our training for:
- Comprehensive, streamlined training – Develop the career skills you need to succeed in less than 3 months with comprehensive curriculum designed by experienced industry professionals.
- Preparation for industry certification – Graduate with important Microsoft Office 2010 skills prepared to earn your Microsoft Office Specialist Master credential, showing employers that you have the skills they're looking for.
- One-on-one instructor support – With access to dedicated student and graduate support advisors—available by phone, email, and chat—it's like having your own personal tutor every step of the way.
With our online Executive Assistant training you can develop the skills you need to excel in your new field in less than 3 months! Call 1-877-225-7151 or request free information today for more details!*U.S. Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics
- What role do administrative assistants and executive assistants play?
Executive assistants and administrative assistants play an important role in a wide variety of industries, and these professionals are crucial to keeping many offices running smoothly. Responsibilities vary from position to position but often include:
- Managing the day-to-day operations of the office
- Organizing and maintaining files and records, both paper and electronic
- Planning and scheduling meetings and appointments
- Managing projects and conducting research
- Purchasing supplies
- Preparing and editing correspondence, reports, and presentations
- Making travel and guest arrangements
- Planning and coordinating events
- Providing a good first impression of the business
Administrative assistants and executive assistants can be found working in schools, government agencies, and corporate settings across a broad range of industries.
- What is the job market for administrative assistants and executive assistants?
Administrative assistants and executive assistants can be found working in schools, government agencies, and corporate settings across a broad range of industries. The U.S. Department of Labor estimates that employment in this field will grow by 12%, which equates to over 479,500 new jobs. Job opportunities are expected to be especially high for those who have a strong background in computer software applications, and with Career Step training you can train on either Microsoft Office 2010 or 2007 software so you can become a certified Microsoft Office Specialist Master.
- How much can I earn as an administrative assistant or executive assistant?
The U.S. Department of Labor report states that the middle 50% of administrative assistants nationwide earn between $25,350 and $39,440 annually. The U.S. Department of Labor reports that executive assistants earn more, reporting average annual salaries of over $48,000 a year. You may also qualify for benefits as an administrative assistant or executive assistant.
- Do I need to be certified?
Certification is not required for employment. However, the U.S. Department of Labor states, "[Job] opportunities should be best for applicants with extensive knowledge of computer software applications." The Career Step Executive Assistant program prepares you for the Microsoft Office Specialist Master credential with training on either Microsoft Office 2010 or 2007 software applications. Earning the MOS Master credential will prove your knowledge of software applications and increase your job opportunities and earning potential.
- What are the advantages of training with Career Step?
Career Step has been training quality professionals for over 20 years and offers a comprehensive training program that prepares students to work as administrative assistants and executive assistants. With Career Step, you can train affordably without sacrificing quality, learn from comprehensive curriculum developed by industry professionals, take advantage of live student and graduate support, and quickly gain the specialized skills and business knowledge you need to succeed as an administrative assistant or executive assistant. We're committed to helping you achieve your goals, and Career Step provides everything you need to succeed!
- What kind of skills or experience do I need to enter the Career Step program?
In order to be admitted, you must be at least 18 years of age and either a) have a high school diploma or a General Education Development Certificate (GED), or b) pass the Career Step Pre-Enrollment Assessment Test. There are no specific skills or experience that are considered prerequisites for entry into the Career Step training program.
- How is the Career Step Executive Assistant program structured?
The Career Step Executive Assistant program is offered entirely online, providing 24/7 access to all material and allowing you to progress through the curriculum on your own schedule and at your own pace. The program is broken into modules, or course subjects, all of which focus on helping you build the essential knowledge and skills of an executive assistant. The course includes training on either Microsoft Office 2010 or 2007 software, and upon graduation, students have the knowledge and skills necessary to sit for the Microsoft Office Specialist Master certification exam.
- How long does it take to finish the course?
The Career Step Executive Assistant training program includes up to 160 completion hours, depending on whether you're training on Microsoft Office 2010 or 2007 software. Since the program is completely self-paced and the online training format allows you the flexibility to study as much or as little as your schedule allows, the time it takes you to complete the course will vary from other students. Some students are able to complete their training program in as little as 1 or 2 months and others, who are more limited in the time they can devote to the course, take longer (for example, students who can devote about 10 hours a week may finish in about 4 months).
Every student who enrolls in the Career Step Executive Assistant training program receives an initial 6-month period of enrollment. Though the program is designed to be completed in 3 months of full-time study, you'll have a full 6 months to complete your training. If you need extra time to complete the course after your initial 6-month enrollment, we have 3-month extensions available for purchase.
- What computer specifications are required to complete the course?
Since the course is completely online, your computer will play an important role in your learning experience. We recommend the following minimum computer system specifications:
- Active internet connection (High speed/Broadband connection recommended)
- 800 X 600 minimum resolution (1024 X 768 or higher recommended)
- Adobe Flash Player (ver. 10 or higher)
- Windows Media Player (ver. 10 or higher) or Quicktime Player (ver. 7 or higher)
- PDF reader
- Internet Explorer 7.x/8.x/9.x
- Firefox 3.x
- Safari 4.x or greater (Mac only)
- Microsoft Windows (XP®, Vista®, 7 with latest service pack)
- Mac OS X (10.4.11 or greater)
Thank you for your inquiry.
We'll contact you soon!
A certificate program is a quick, affordable way to learn job skills that can make the difference between wishing you could get a new job and starting a rewarding new career.
Make an online program work for you! Check out our 5 student-tested study tips for staying motivated and productive as an online student.
- "I researched schools for two years before signing up for the Medical Billing and Coding course with Career Step. I wanted to make sure I received training from a school that would set me apart from other candidates. . . . I have noticed that recruiters are highly impressed with my skills, and even though I recently graduated, I have several job opportunities in the works! . . . Thank you Career Step!" Read More Reviews »
- "We've hired a number of Career Step graduates, and we've been very happy with the quality of the work that they've done at our organization. We love the way that the program tests and evaluates them along the process, and it's really helped us select those who are really shining stars." Read More Reviews »
- "I love Career Step! When I enrolled, I thought that this was going to be a hard, lonely road. I was wrong. When I enrolled, I joined a team and gained a family. I was never alone. If I needed help or had a question, all I had to do was email student support or post on the forum. Everybody was so friendly and knowledgeable. They always gave you the feeling that they were only there for one reason—to see you succeed." Read More Reviews »
- "I never thought an online teaching program would work for me, but . . . it taught me the discipline needed to be successful in the industry. I am looking forward to working in this field very much. Thank you!" Read More Reviews »
- "Career Step has provided me with a wonderful opportunity to start a new career. Thanks to the intense course, I feel confident in starting my new career. . . . I know I would not be able to do this work if your course had not been so complete." Read More Reviews »