Gain the Skills You Need to be a Certified Medical Coder
Train with The University of Southern Mississippi for a career in medical coding and learn the specialized skills you need to assign the standardized codes used to bill for healthcare services. With over 37,000 new jobs* expected in this field by 2020, the rapidly expanding healthcare industry relies on these professionals.
Choose our training for:
- AHIMA-approved curriculum – Approved by the American Health Information Management Association, our medical coding training program has been shown to prepare students for national certification and employment.
- National certification preparation – Graduate prepared to earn your Certified Professional Coder (CPC) or Certified Coding Associate (CCA) credentials and prove you have the skills employers are looking for.
- Comprehensive curriculum – Our comprehensive curriculum will teach you both outpatient and inpatient coding, making you more flexible and marketable after graduation.
- One-on-one instructor and graduate support – With access to our certified medical coding instructors who have years of professional industry experience, you'll have the help you need to successfully prepare for your new career.
Our online Inpatient and Outpatient Medical Coding and Billing training is among the best, and you can successfully gain the skills you need to start your new career. Call 601-266-4186 or request free information today for more details!
Alternate Training Option
The University of Southern Mississippi also offers a condensed Outpatient Medical Coding and Billing program. This program focuses solely on outpatient coding and prepares students for national certification and offers one-on-one instructor and graduate support.
Thank you for your inquiry.
We'll contact you soon!
- "I love Career Step! When I enrolled, I thought that this was going to be a hard, lonely road. I was wrong. When I enrolled, I joined a team and gained a family. I was never alone. If I needed help or had a question, all I had to do was email student support or post on the forum. Everybody was so friendly and knowledgeable. They always gave you the feeling that they were only there for one reason—to see you succeed." Read More Testimonials »
- "Career Step has provided me with a wonderful opportunity to start a new career. Thanks to the intense course, I feel confident in starting my new career. . . . I know I would not be able to do this work if your course had not been so complete." Read More Testimonials »
- "I researched schools for two years before signing up for the Medical Billing and Coding course with Career Step. I wanted to make sure I received training from a school that would set me apart from other candidates. . . . I have noticed that recruiters are highly impressed with my skills, and even though I recently graduated, I have several job opportunities in the works! I have no doubt that once I take the CPC exam, my skills will indeed set me apart and make me a viable candidate! Thank you Career Step!" Read More Testimonials »
- "I never thought an online teaching program would work for me, but . . . it taught me the discipline needed to be successful in the industry. I am looking forward to working in this field very much. Thank you!" Read More Testimonials »