Have you heard that we have companies in the US and Canada begging us for more individuals trained in medical transcription? Because of this growing need for it, we decided to make Medical Transcription and Editing this month’s program spotlight! In case you’re not familiar with this program, here are a few facts and selling points you can share with your friends and family.
Why traing in Medical Transcription and Editing?
- Real at-home career – Medical transcription offers a real career from your home with no commute, no daycare costs, and the flexibility to work anywhere there’s a secure internet connection.
- Flexible work schedules – Many medical transcriptionists choose their schedules, so you’ll have the freedom to work when it fits your life.
- Productivity-based income – The more you work, the more you can make as a medical transcriptionist because most are paid on production.
Why This Program?
- AHDI-approved curriculum – Our program is approved by the Association for Healthcare Documentation Integrity, giving you the assurance that you’ll truly be prepared for the job upon graduation.
- RHDS Exam preparation and exam voucher – Graduate ready to pass the RHDS exam and start working right away. The Career Step course even includes a free RHDS exam voucher (a $190 value)!
- Hands-on experience – The best way to learn is by doing, so you’ll transcribe hundreds of reports before graduation to ensure you’re ready to succeed as soon as you start working.
- Employer-trusted training – Over 900 medical transcription employers have hired our graduates over the years, and many prefer our graduates because they know they’re job-ready from day 1.
You can find more information on our Medical Transcription training in our Top 5 Reasons: Medical Transcription and Help Us Fill Medical Transcription Hiring Needs blog posts. We also have a great Medical Transcription Industry Facts animated video as well as a few employer videos. (We interviewed these employers at last year’s AHDI conference and also conducted a panel discussion with them.)
Are you a medical transcriptionist? What are some of the things you love about your job? And how have you been able to get more referrals? We’d love to hear from you in the comments section below!
Don’t forget to check out last month’s program spotlight, Pharmacy Technician.