Career Step is making it even easier for graduates of our Medical Coding and Billing program to find employment. (Which means we’re also making it easier for you to refer others to the program!)
We are now including a student membership to the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA), the largest medical coding industry association in the nation, with every enrollment in the Professional Medical Coding and Billing program. This will enable students to network with more than 103,000 professionals in their job search process—both before and after graduation—and provide them access to a number of other membership benefits as well.
A student membership with AHIMA offers:
- A variety of career resources including the AHIMA Job Bank, free webinars, and mentorship programs, among others
- Access to the HIM Body of Knowledge™ (an electronic library of articles)
- Discounts on products and services
These benefits compliment those Career Step already offers Medical Coding and Billing students, and demonstrate our continued commitment to providing the best training program on the market—and who wouldn’t want to tell others about the very best?!
Here are the top 5 reasons to choose Career Step’s Professional Medical Coding and Billing program. Be sure to share them with your family and friends!
- We keep our eye on the results: We know that career training is about the CAREER. The goal is the job at the end, and training that doesn’t get you a job isn’t worth the time and the effort. This is why Career Step is focused on providing training designed for a specific field (no cookie cutter classes here), and we provide resources (like the AHIMA student membership) before and after graduation that are dedicated to helping students turn their education into a career.
- We’re the choice of industry experts and employers: Did you know that Career Step offers corporate training too? We have a wide variety of corporate training in the medical coding and billing space, and we work closely with coding experts and professionals to make sure we’re offering the very best. Our training curriculum is trusted by employers nationwide. Choose the training employers choose for themselves!
Our curriculum was developed by AHIMA-approved ICD-10-CM/PCS trainers: When you’re choosing a training provider and program, you want to make sure you’ll be ready to start working when you’re done (see point 1 above), and one of the things to consider is the quality of the curriculum. Our curriculum was written by industry experts who have been approved by the American Health Information Management Association, the largest coding and billing association in the country!
- We make training affordable, so you can graduate debt free: We believe that everyone has the right to an education, and we’re working hard to make it attainable and affordable. Career Step offers a variety of payment options, and we’ve set our tuition at rates that you can earn back in just a few paychecks once you start working (medical coders start their careers earning over $52,000 on average).
- Online training makes going back to school convenient: With today’s technology, education shouldn’t be limited to rigid on-campus class schedules. Our online format makes it possible for everyone from stay-at-home parents to full-time employees to those with disabilities to get the education they need for a rewarding new career. Study when, where, and at the pace that works for you.
The job opportunities in the medical coding field are excellent! And Career Step has the training you need to break into this field and excel. Tell your family and friends today!