The best way to get more referrals is by talking about your own experience with your Career Step program. However, few of our students have taken more than one program so we’ve naturally gotten requests from many different referrers asking for information about programs they didn’t take. We’ve put together this new series to give you some quick facts and sales points on all our programs.
Due to a growing shortage of professionals, Medical Coding and Billing is our fastest growing course at Career Step. That’s why we’ve made it our first program spotlight. If you are looking to increase your referrals, you may want to talk to your friends and family about a career in medical coding and billing. Here are a few facts you can share to see if this is the right career for them!
Why Be a Medical Coder?
- Lots of opportunities – In fact, there’s a nationwide shortage of medical coders right now! In the next year or so there is expected to be about 50% more positions than professionals.
- Clear career advancement path – Medical coding is a great entry point for a career path with lots of advancement opportunities as you gain additional experience or education.
- Competitive salaries and benefits – Earn a good living. Medical coders can start out earning over $40,000 on average and may also receive traditional employment benefits.
Why This Program?
- AHIMA student membership – A one-year AHIMA student membership is included with enrollment, which means you will have access to AHIMA’s mentor program, online peer communities, member discounts, and quality industry information. The connections you make with other HIM professionals through the membership will give you a distinct advantage in the job market.
- Credential preparation – Most employers require you to be certified, and with our course you’ll graduate ready to sit for the CCA, COC, and CPC credentials so you can get started on your job search right away.
- Employer-trusted training – Some of the largest and most respected healthcare companies are using the Career Step curriculum for their employees—you can’t do much better than choosing the training employers are already using!
If you have any questions about our Professional Medical Coding and Billing program, leave us a comment below or send us an email at email@example.com. You can also find more details at CareerStep.com/medical-coding-billing or our Top 5 Reasons: Medical Coding and Billing blog post.
Looking for more information on some of our other programs? Be sure to check out our other program spotlight posts.