For this program spotlight, we’ll be focusing on our awesome Pharmacy Technician (ASHP/ACPE) program. We’ve all been to the pharmacy counter and seen a pharmacy technician in action, but what makes it a good career fit for someone? What makes Career Step’s program so great? Look below for the answers to these questions!
Why Become a Pharmacy Technician?
- Lots of opportunities – The U.S. Department of Labor expects over 47,000 new pharmacy technician jobs by 2026!
- Flexible work schedules – The 24/7 nature of many pharmacies provides a variety of schedule options, making it a good choice if you need a less traditional schedule.
- Solid foundation for future education – Pharmacy technician training is an excellent start for the further education required for a variety of other healthcare careers (think nurse, physicians assistant, pharmacist, etc.).
Why Career Step’s Pharmacy Technician (ASHP/ACPE) Program?
- ASHP/ACPE candidate status – The program is designed to meet the high standards set forth by the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) and has achieved candidate status for ASHP/ACPE accreditation.
- Walgreens and CVS Pharmacy externships – Get hands-on experience at a local pharmacy before you graduate! We have partnerships that can help you find an externship opportunity in your local area.
- PTCB Exam preparation and exam voucher – Graduate ready to earn your Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) credential and start working right away. The Career Step course even includes a free exam voucher (an over $129 value).
Do you have questions about our Pharmacy Technician (ASHP/ACPE) program? Email us at email@example.com or leave a comment below. You can also find more details at https://www.careerstep.com/pharmacy-technician-careers or our Top 5 Reasons: Pharmacy Technician blog post.