PALS Certification and Recertification
We get it. You’re busy and don’t have time to sit in a classroom all day. We can help.
Get the training you need to earn and maintain your certification completely online! We’ve used nearly 2 decades of experience training busy healthcare professionals to make the certification process painless.
With Career Step’s PALS certification and recertification courses you can:
- Train when it’s most convenient for you whether that’s in between patients, a marathon 6-hour stretch, or late nights after work.
- Start and stop your training whenever you need to. You’ll have access to the course material until you pass the certification exam, so you have the flexibility to study when it works for you.
- Learn exactly the information you need to keep your skills up-to-date. The curriculum is based on the latest ECC guidelines, and you can spend the most time on those topics you need to brush up on.
- Get your card immediately as soon as you pass the certification exam. You’ll have access to a digital, printable card right away and your printed card will be mailed out quickly after you pass.
Thousands of healthcare professionals have successfully used our programs, and we work hard to make sure our cards are accepted. Our courses are accredited by a number of third-party, national associations.
Career Step’s PALS certification and recertification courses are built on the latest ECC guidelines. Upon completion, you will be able to:
- Describe the timely recognition and interventions required to prevent respiratory and cardiac arrest in any pediatric patient.
- Describe the systematic approach to pediatric assessment by using the initial impression, primary and secondary assessments, and diagnostic tests.
- Describe priorities and specific interventions for infants and children with respiratory and/or circulatory emergencies.
- Explain the importance of effective team dynamics, including individual roles and responsibilities, during a pediatric resuscitation.
- Describe the key elements of post-resuscitation management
- Perform effective high-quality cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) when appropriate.
- Perform effective respiratory management within your scope of practice.
- Select and apply appropriate cardiorespiratory monitoring.
- Select and administer the appropriate medications and electrical therapies when presented with an arrhythmia scenario.
- Establish rapid capsular access to administer fluid and medications.
- Demonstrate effective communications and team dynamics both as a team member and as a team leader.
Career Step’s PALS certification and recertification courses are accredited and approved to provide CEU credits in joint partnership with the Postgraduate Institute for Medicine (PIM), through the Commission on Accreditation for Pre-Hospital Continuing Education (CAPCE), and by the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists (AANA).
This means that our PALS certification and recertification courses are approved for the following CEUs.
Accrediting Body: Commission on Accreditation for Pre-Hospital Continuing Education (CAPCE)
|Program Name||CAPCE Code||Credit Hours|
|PALS Certification||17-CSTEP-F3-0005||8 hours|
|PALS Recertification||17-CSTEP-F3-0006||4 hours|
Accrediting Body: Postgraduate Institute of Medicine (PIM) through the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME)
|Program Name||Credit Hours|
|PALS Certification||8.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™|
|PALS Recertification||4.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™|
Accrediting Body: Association of Nurse Anesthetists
|Program Name||Credit Hours||Code Number||Expiration Date|
|PALS Certification||8.00 Class A CE Credits||1033978||10/31/2017|
|PALS Recertification||4.00 Class A CE Credits||1033979||10/31/2017|
Accrediting Body: Postgraduate Institute of Medicine (PIM) through the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s (ANCC) Commission on Accreditation
|Program Name||Credit Hours|
|PALS Certification||8 hours|
|PALS Recertification||4 hours|
Accrediting Body: Postgraduate Institute of Medicine (PIM) through the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE)
|Program Name||Contact Hours||Universal Activity Number|
|PALS Certification||8 hours (0.80 CEUs)||809-999-16-219-H01-P|
|PALS Recertification||4 hours (0.40 CEUs)||809-999-16-220-H01-P|