As financial scrutiny intensifies and regulations become more complex, inpatient auditors are needed to minimize third-party reviews and secure accurate payments and reimbursements. However, these professionals can be few and far between.
The good news is that with Career Step’s Inpatient Auditing program you can transform your best coders into inpatient auditors. Choose Career Step to:
- Fill your gap for skilled, qualified auditors
- Ensure correct reimbursement
- Reduce your cost of educating auditors
- Deliver tracking and reporting at no additional cost
How the Inpatient Auditing Program Works
The Inpatient Auditing program is designed with busy adult learners in mind, with each course building on the previous one. However, flexibility has been built in to allow learners to test out of material they already know or take courses out of sequence. The program includes approximately 280 hours of course content with a final Audit Practicum at the end.
The program covers:
- Reinforcement of ICD-10-CM and PCS skills
- Fundamentals of reimbursement and regulatory compliance
- Technical skills in Microsoft Office Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint
- Soft skills in conflict and meeting management, reporting, and presenting
- Healthcare law
- Documentation integrity
- Audit processes
- Hands-on experience auditing cases and learning how to report and present the audit
What sets the Career Step Inpatient Auditing program apart is the advanced expertise developed through real, hands-on experience. This is achieved through the Audit Practicum, which offers 45 hours of hands-on experience as learners scope and audit 50-100 cases and complete a written audit report as well as a verbal presentation.
Advanced expertise developed through real, hands-on experience is what sets the Career Step program apart. This is achieved through the Audit Practicum, which offers 45 hours of hands-on experience as learners scope and audit 50-100 cases and complete a written audit report as well as a verbal presentation.
To ensure your organization gets the most for its education investment, the Career Step Inpatient Auditng program requires:
- 3 years of inpatient coding experience within the last 5 years
- 95% coding accuracy in the last rolling 12 months, as verified by employer’s records
- Ability to maintain coding productivity, as verified by employer’s records
Take the first step today toward building the staff you need for a successful audit plan!