Executive Assistant Program Description
Training that transforms.
Our executive and administrative assistant training courses were developed by industry professionals with decades of real-world experience. You’ll learn intuitively through visually rich content; imagery, videos, and interactive games and assignments. You’ll gain the skills and software essential to modern office operations, with a heavy emphasis on Microsoft® Office. And you’ll quickly gain the communication and planning expertise needed to run a highly productive office. Our leading curriculum prepares you to be a top-shelf administrative or executive assistant, and stand head and shoulders above other job candidates. You’ll emerge from our executive assistant training fully prepared for immediate certification and employment—ready to start working and earning right away. Most importantly, you’ll walk away with the optimism that comes with a brighter future.
Your new career as an executive administrative assistant is closer than you think. Once your payment is processed, we’ll email your login and password so you can start training immediately. Our executive and administrative assistant training classes are completely self-paced, and it’s designed to be completed in just three months of full-time study. Feeling ambitious (or impatient)? Some learners are able to complete our training program in as little as one or two months. (But if you need a little extra time, you’ll have half a year of program access.)
155 hours of online curriculum
Just 3 months of full-time study
6 months of program access
Our have-it-your-way training is always on…because it’s online. 24/7 Web access gives you the freedom to study however, wherever, and whenever you want. Got a laptop? You’re ready to rock! Pretty empowering when you think about it.
Learn from home (or anywhere)
Study online (anytime)
Don’t think of your executive assistant training online as e-learning, think of it as we-learning. Because we’re with you every step of the way. Real people—dedicated trainers, technical support team, and career advisors—all committed to your success, from pre sign up to post completion.
Phone, live chat, and email
Executive Assistant Training Modules
Our comprehensive curriculum is divided into 18 bite-size modules that teach you everything you need to succeed in your new career. Click the modules to see what you’ll learn.
Getting Started & Program Overview (1 Hour)
- Identify the elements, expectations, and requirements of the program.
- Navigate the program using the pages, menus, and buttons provided.
- Use the program tools, including the study planner, gradebook, and completion report as well as be able to contact CareerStep via phone, email, forums, chat rooms, and social media.
- Identify and use program resources.
Computer Fundamentals (7 Hours)
- Identify basic computer hardware and interpret system requirements.
- Navigate a Windows operating system environment as well as install and operate basic software utilities.
- Use a web browser to navigate between websites in multiple tabs or windows, send and receive email, and access search engines to find information and troubleshoot basic computer problems.
- Recognize basic technologies related to an office environment.
Microsoft Office Specialist 2019 (1 Hour)
- Successfully follow the lesson structure and download available study tools.
- Navigate the Microsoft Office training modules using the buttons and icons provided.
Word 2019: Beginner (10 Hours)
- Identify and use the Ribbon, Quick Access Toolbar, tabs, scroll bars, cursor, ruler, and status bar.
- Create, save, open, edit, navigate, print, share, and recover documents.
- Edit and format text with options such as alignment, fonts, lists, spacing, tab stops, page format, layout, paragraph alignment and spacing, and copy formatting.
- Employ the available search and review tools, including spell and grammar check, find and replace, copy, paste, and document view options.
Word 2019: Intermediate (10 Hours)
- Create, insert, format, modify, and sort tables,pictures, screenshots, text boxes, shapes, WordArt, SmartArt, and charts.
- Apply and modify styles, themes, templates, and building blocks.
- Adjust margins, paper size, orientation, columns, page breaks, and headers and footers.
Word 2019: Advanced (8 Hours)
- Highlight text, insert and delete comments, use track changes and line numbers, create forms, and protect documents.
- Navigate long documents; use outline settings, bookmarks, and hyperlinks; insert cross references; and create index settings, footnotes, endnotes, citations, and tables of contents.
- Use mail merge options and create labels and envelopes.
Excel 2019: Beginner (12 Hours)
- Use the Quick Access Toolbar, title bar, display options, formula bar, and worksheet tab.
- Create, save, open, edit, navigate, and print worksheets.
- Create, edit, delete, and format cells with options such as cell alignment, applying cell styles, splitting cells, merging cells, row and column titles, row and column width, hide and unhide, plus page setup and view options.
- Edit cell data using options and tools such as cut, copy, paste, AutoFill, text tools, and cell references.
- Create basic, logical, financial, and text formulas.
Excel 2019: Intermediate (8 Hours)
- View, insert, copy, rename, hide, and delete worksheets, and freeze rows and columns.
- Create, move, and resize charts; configure chart titles, layout, and gridlines; and modify chart data.
- Configure page size and scale, headers and footers, margins, and orientation, and manage print area, titles, and headings.
Excel 2019: Advanced (10 Hours)
- Import, export, sort and filter data; create tables and data validation rules; and remove duplicates.
- Manage cell comments, track changes, share workbooks, protect worksheets, and save sheets as web pages.
- Create, format, and filter PivotTables; change a PivotTable’s calculation; insert a timeline; and insert and modify PivotCharts.
Powerpoint 2019: Beginner (10 Hours)
- Understand the screen, change views, and use the Quick Access Toolbar.
- Create, save, open, navigate, and edit a presentation.
- Create, insert, edit, format, delete, and organize the elements of a presentation.
Powerpoint 2019: Intermediate (12 Hours)
- Insert, edit, format, and position pictures, objects, shapes, tables, charts, and SmartArt.
- Create, format, and apply built-in and custom animations, transition effects, themes, backgrounds, and templates.
- Create custom slide layouts and use Slide, Handout, and Notes Masters.
- Insert and edit video, audio, and narration files in presentations.
Outlook 2019: Beginner (12 Hours)
- Outlook 2019: Beginner (12 Hours)
- Use the mail tools to work with messages, including creating and sending email messages, using quick steps, managing junk mail and automatic messages, and organizing and sorting the inbox.
- Manage contacts and calendars, including creating and organizing contacts and groups, creating and organizing appointments and events, sending and responding to meeting requests, and working with multiple calendars simultaneously.
Outlook 2016: Intermediate (8 Hours)
- Set up Quick Steps; create and manage rules; share email; and use themes, stationery, and email settings.
- Follow up with emails and create, complete, view, and assign tasks.
- Categorize and sort items; create and search folders; and archive, import, and export information.
Working as an Administrative Assistant (3 Hours)
- Identify the essential skills, qualities, duties, and strategies of an effective administrative assistant.
- Identify employer expectations and office industry certifications.
Grammar and Punctuation (10 Hours)
- Identify and correctly use each of the parts of speech.
- Recognize proper sentence structure and formatting.
- Properly spell words that are commonly misspelled.
Business Writing (16 Hours)
- Identify appropriate methods of communication for a variety of situations.
- Apply all steps of the writing process to create professional documents, including pre-writing, organizing, writing, and editing.
- Create professional and accurate letters, memos, and emails. Identify the qualities of professional communication, modern communication trends, etiquette, and professional document formatting.
- Identify and use program-specific resources.
Office Procedures (16 Hours)
- Identify effective and appropriate communication techniques in all office situations.
- State proper office procedures and operate office equipment and systems.
- Identify effective purchasing and collections procedures related to office supplies and client billing.
- Efficiently use time to plan and prioritize schedules, meetings, events, and travel arrangements.
Final Exam Preparation (1 Hour)
- Identify the steps needed to be eligible and prepared for the final exam and learn how to access it.
- Identify the format, restrictions, and policies of final exams, including scoring, retakes, allowed resources, and time limits.
Executive Assistant Certification
Inspire confidence in employers and set yourself apart from other job seekers by earning the Microsoft Office Specialist: Associate certification. (And add a shiny new badge to your resume.) Demonstrate your deep knowledge and proficiency with the full Office suite of essential business programs."
Microsoft Office Specialist: Associate Certification