Course Description285 Hours / Self-Paced / Online Access -
This course will provide a comprehensive overview of the home health aide profession through the use of theoretical and practical applications. Students will learn about the medical and social needs of home healthcare clients, as well as the nutrition, personal care, cleaning, and infection control tasks required of home health aides. Upon completion of this course, students will be fully prepared to work with clients in their homes.
Willow Nolland is an expert in education and eLearning, with more than 10 years of experience in curriculum development and instructional design. She has worked in higher education for over 12 years, developed numerous courses, and has been involved in curriculum development across disciplines. In addition, she has developed and administered professional development programs for various groups, including teachers, counselors, healthcare workers, and members of private industry.
Sharpen your Mind. Improve Your Life.
We’ve spent the last 25+ years developing the most comprehensive healthcare training programs on the market for one reason: so you can become a better version of yourself.
Who Should Take This Course?
In the most simplistic of definitions, home health aides are helpers. They help the disabled, the ill, and the cognitively impaired—and they help because they care. This course was built for people who want to learn the skills they need to put their caring nature to good use.
Home Health Aide Curriculum:
- Home Care and the Healthcare System
- Building a Foundation
- A Holistic Approach to Understanding Clients
- Developing Personal Care and Basic Healthcare Skills
- Special Clients, Special Needs
- Practical Knowledge and Skills in Home Management
- Finding and Maintaining Employment
Medical Terminology Curriculum:
- Medical Terminology Basics
- Body Structures
- Integumentary, Digestive, and Respiratory Systems
- Cardiovascular, Blood, Lymphatic, and Immune Systems
- Musculoskeletal, Urinary, and Reproductive Systems
- Endocrine System
- Nervous System and Special Senses