Course Description465 Hours / Self-Paced / Online Access -
This course provides a comprehensive overview of the nursing assistant profession with instruction in all areas of patient care, patient management, and body system functions. When a learner completes this course, they will be prepared to apply their skills to a clinical setting as a nursing assistant.
This course prepares students to take the Nursing Assistant Certification exam through the American Medical Certification Association (AMCA). Please note that individual state requirements may vary. Students are responsible for checking with their state’s governing body for state-specific requirements.
Willow Nolland is an expert in education and eLearning, with more than 10 years of experience in curriculum development and instructional design. She has worked in higher education for over 12 years, developed numerous courses, and has been involved in curriculum development across disciplines. In addition, she has developed and administered professional development programs for various groups, including teachers, counselors, healthcare workers, and members of private industry.
Sharpen your Mind. Improve Your Life.
We’ve spent the last 25+ years developing the most comprehensive healthcare training programs on the market for one reason: so you can become a better version of yourself.
Who Should Take This Course?
This course was built for learners looking to expand their knowledge of the medical industry.
Nursing Assistant Curriculum:
- Nursing Assistant Fundamentals
- Communication and Patient Development
- Safety and Sanitation
- Facility Care
- Patient Monitoring
- Human Body Systems, Part 1
- Human Body Systems, Part 2
- Human Body Systems, Part 3
- Patient Care Fundamentals
- Career Opportunities As A Nursing Assistant
Medical Terminology Curriculum:
- Medical Terminology Basics
- Body Structures
- Integumentary, Digestive, and Respiratory Systems
- Cardiovascular, Blood, Lymphatic, and Immune Systems
- Musculoskeletal, Urinary, and Reproductive Systems
- Endocrine Systems
- Nervous System and Special Senses