Course Description525 Hours / Self-Paced / Online Access -
In this course, students will gain fundamental knowledge about substance abuse and addiction. As one navigates through the course, they will gain a comprehensive understanding of what substance abuse is as well as various approaches that one can use to help their client and/or their patients recover. As the core of each lesson is a review of the ethical impact of proper diagnosis, theory application, and treatment regimens that can be used to aid in the difficult battles people they assist may face. Finally, students will gain knowledge as to how different types of support systems and lifestyles can be applied to help those they assist lead productive lives well into the future.
Willow Nolland is an expert in education and eLearning, with more than 10 years of experience in curriculum development and instructional design. She has worked in higher education for over 12 years, developed numerous courses, and has been involved in curriculum development across disciplines. In addition, she has developed and administered professional development programs for various groups, including teachers, counselors, healthcare workers, and members of private industry.
Sharpen your Mind. Improve Your Life.
We’ve spent the last 25+ years developing the most comprehensive healthcare training programs on the market for one reason: so you can become a better version of yourself.
Who Should Take This Course?
Anyone who wants to make a difference in the lives of people struggling with substance abuse.
- Fundamentals of Substance Abuse and Addiction
- Classifying, Assessing, and Treatment Planning of Substance Abuse and Addiction
- Substance Abuse and Addiction Basic Treatment Regimens
- Substance Abuse and Addiction Relapse Prevention
- Application of Group and Family Systems to Substance Abuse and Addiction
- Solution-Focused Therapy Strategies
- Other Therapy Strategies for Treatment of Substance Abuse and Addiction