Referral Program FAQs
We have a new resource called the Referral Dashboard, which allows referrers to track their referral efforts. Referrers can create a Referral Dashboard account at referral.careerstep.com/dashboard using your Referrer ID and your email address. You are able to view how many individuals have requested information from Career Step (leads) and the individuals who have enrolled in one of our programs (enrollments). If you have any trouble with the Referral Dashboard or have a suggestion you would like to make, feel free to send an email to email@example.com.
If you have not already done so, officially sign-up for our Referral program at www.referral.careerstep.com. This is a very simple sign-up process that only takes a minute or two. You will then receive an email with your specific referrer ID and a link to your unique referral webpage.
This webpage is where you should send any interested friends (notice that it has your name and referrer ID on it). This page is embedded with your information, so when someone fills out the form requesting more information you’ll automatically be listed in our system as their referrer. Whenever someone enrolls after requesting information from your webpage, you’ll receive the referral commission.
Your contacts can also call 1-800-411-7073 to get more information or enroll, but they'll need to be sure to mention your name and referrer ID in order for you to be given credit.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and request or give us a call at 1-800-246-7837 and ask for the Referral Program Manager.
In order to make sure you receive referral credit, your friend will need to provide your referrer ID number. Each referrer is assigned a referrer ID number that is different from their student ID number. You should have received this number in an email welcoming you to the Referral program when you enrolled with Career Step or signed up for the Referral program. If you cannot locate that email, please send an email to email@example.com with your name and request or give us a call at 1-800-246-7837 and ask for the Referral Program Manager.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and updated address or give us a call at 1-800-246-7837 and ask for the Referral Program Manager.
Yes, simply send an email to email@example.com with your name and the contact information of the student you referred or give us a call at 1-800-246-7837 and ask for the Referral Program Manager.
Referral payouts are typically emailed around the 20th of the month following the enrollment, so if your friend enrolled in August, you would receive a check near the end of September for that referral. If you don’t receive your email by the 20th, check your spam or junk folder as sometimes they get delivered there. If you still don’t see it, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 1-800-246-7837 and ask for the Referral Program Manager.
You can find the most up-to-date information on the promotions we’re running for referrers and new students on our Referral Blog.
See what makes Career Step different in our quick introduction.
Our standard referral payout is:
- $100 per enrollment for 1-2 enrollments a month
- $200 per enrollment for 3-4 enrollments a month
- $250 per enrollment for 5+ enrollments a month
So if someone you refer enrolls in August, you would receive $100. If 3 people your refer enroll in September, you would receive $600 ($200 for each enrollment). And then if you had a great month in October and 5 people you refer enroll, you would receive $1,250 ($250 for each referral).
We occasionally run special promotions for referrers that may increase what you would receive. All of the details are available on our Referral Blog.
Unfortunately, when your referral enrolls through one of Career Step's academic partners, Career Step cannot offer a referral payout for these enrollments. We have partnerships with over 150 colleges and universities nationwide that offer our programs through their institutions. However, we are legally prohibited from offering any type of incentivized program for enrollments through these institutions.
Yes! That's the benefit of being referred! Just for coming to Career Step through you, your contacts will be able to take advantage of our special monthly promotion and the free shipping offer.
There a few ways your friend can get more information from Career Step and have you listed as her referrer.
- You can send her to your Referral webpage, which you can find at www.referral.careerstep.com/ref10000 if you substitute the last five digits with your referrer ID. If your friend fills out the request information form on your webpage, we will contact them right away to provide more information and answer any questions and you will automatically be listed with their information in our system as the referrer. If your friend enrolls after requesting information from your page you’ll automatically receive the referral commission.
- You can also have your friends call us directly at 1-800-411-7073 to get more information or to enroll. Just tell them to be sure to mention your name and Referrer ID to make sure you get credit for the referral.
Unfortunately, we are unable to credit referral payouts toward tuition payments or extension purchases as these transactions are processed through separate systems.
The Referral Program only offers payouts when individuals you refer to Career Step enroll in one of our career training programs. Qualifying programs include:
- Medical Transcription Editor
- Medical Transcription
- Professional Medical Coding and Billing
- Pharmacy Technician
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Offie Manager
- Medical Administrative Assistant
- Medical Billing
- Inpatient Auditing
- Healthcare IT
- Veterinary Assistant
- Veterinary Office Managaer
- Executive Assistant
- Computer Technician
The referral program does not offer direct deposit. Referral payments are sent out by email from a company called GiftRocket to the email address we have on file around the 20th of the month following the enrollment. Once you get your email, you’ll be able to visit the GiftRocket site and decide whether to transfer your balance to a bank account, apply it to a credit card, or receive it as a Amazon.com gift card.
If your referral earnings in a given year total $600 or more, you will receive a W-9 form that you will need to fill out and return to Career Step. You will then receive a 1099 form noting your earnings for the year, which you would need to include with your income taxes. The 1099 forms will be mailed out no later than January 31st.
The Career Step Referral Program is designed to help you be successful. We’ve developed a number of resources to help you improve your efforts and earn more.
- Referral Blog – Our Referral Blog includes everything you need to stay up-to-date on all everything going on at Career Step. The blog provides details on available resources, announcements when new resources are available, best practices, current promotions (for both you and your contacts), and much more.
- Your Referrer Webpage – You can find your referrer webpage at www.referral.careerstep.com/ref10000 if you substitute the last five digits with your referrer ID. Sending your contacts to your specific page ensures you get credit for them when they enroll in a qualifying Career Step program.
- Referral Resource Center – In the resource center, you’ll find brochures, web banners, ebooks, an instructional webinar, videos, and more—all to help you better understand Career Step’s courses and provide tools you can use to share them with others.
As a referrer, you are not authorized to offer any incentives--other than the promotions we run as a school--to encourage others to enroll in a Career Step program. Your referrals need to be people who have decided to enroll without any additional incentives from you and who fully intend to work through the entire program.