A Passion For Education
Career Step is an online provider of career-focused training—in other words, we train students and employees for new careers as well as better results in their current positions. We are absolutely, 100% committed to education and the difference it can make in someone’s life, and our company’s mission, values, and efforts focus on making education available to more people and improving our students’ learning experiences.
Career Step is a mission focused and values driven organization. Everything we do is tied to fulfilling our mission and living our core values.
OUR MISSION & CORE VALUES
Career Step is the premier education provider delivering career-focused training. We create innovative and engaging programs leading to employment, development, and advancement in the largest and fastest growing fields within healthcare.
We support and empower learners and employers by focusing on successful completion, career progression, and workforce development.
Our team is the foundation of our success. We invest in and recognize the accomplishments of our employees as we change lives and advance careers.
Our core values are:
- Customer Focus
- Personal Fulfillment
CAREER STEP DIVISIONS
- American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC): Medical Coding and Billing graduates are prepared to sit for AAPC’s CPC credential, and Career Step’s ICD-10 programs are approved for CEUs.
- American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA): Career Step is an AHIMA-approved education provider for coding certificate programs.
- Association for Healthcare Documentation Integrity (AHDI): Career Step’s Medical Transcription Editor and Medical Transcription programs are AHDI-approved.
- Computer Technology Industry Association (CompTIA): Career Step is a CompTIA educational partner, and Computer Technician students graduate prepared to earn the A+ credential.
- National Healthcareer Association (NHA): Career Step training programs prepare students for the CPhT, CMAA, and CEHRS certifications offered by NHA. The Medical Administrative Assistant with EHR and Medical Administrative Assistant programs are NHA-approved.
- Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB): Career Step Pharmacy Technician students graduate prepared for the Board’s certification exam, the most recognized and respected pharmacy technician certification in the United States.
- Walgreens and CVS Pharmacy: Both pharmacy technician employers have formed externship partnerships with Career Step to provide students the opportunity to participate in on-site externships in their local areas.
- Named as a Military Friendly School by G.I. Jobs Magazine (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014)
- Among the Department of Defense’s inaugural partners in the Military Spouse Employment Partnership program
- Integral to the development of the Amerinet ICD-10 Tool Kit, available to Amerinet’s 3,000 acute care and more than 60,000 non-acute care health system partners
- Included on the MountainWest Capital Network Utah 100 list for 11 consecutive years
- Listed on the Inc. 500|5000 list recognizing the fastest growing private companies in the nation for 7 years
- Featured on the Viewpoints with Terry Bradshaw, Good Morning America, CNN, and USA Today
Free laptop + Free shipping through March 31!Enroll online »
Read Maisha Martin's story »
Read Michelle Spoden's story »
Read Traci Martin's story »
Read Jessica Cumber's story »