ENDS NOV 14: Get a free laptop and $100 cash card when you enroll by November 14!Enroll Online »
Computer Technician Training
How Long Will the Training Take?
The Computer Technician training program is designed to be completed in 3 months of full-time study. However, the online course format allows you to study on your own schedule and at your own pace, so your enrollment includes 6 months of program access in case you need extra time.
What Will I Be Learning?
The Career Step Computer Technician training program covers:
- Hardware and software
- Troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance
- Operating systems
- Operational procedures
- And more
The Computer Technician training program is specifically designed to prepare you for CompTIA A+ certification. The curriculum is built on the exam objectives published by CompTIA, and the midterm and final exams are even designed as mock exams that mirror the A+ exams so you can measure your readiness for the certification exams. With this specific preparation, you can be confident that you’re gaining the knowledge and skills needed to earn your CompTIA A+ certification immediately upon completion of the course. Two certification exam vouchers are also provided upon program completion to make it even easier to certify as soon as you graduate.
CompTIA A+ certification primarily focuses on Windows operating systems. In order to prepare you for this certification, the Career Step Computer Technician program does the same. The Computer Technician certification program can be completed on a Mac computer; however, all hands-on labs require access to a Windows operating system.
Want more details about exactly what's included in the program? Download the brochure or program syllabus to learn more or review the learning objectives for each module.
Make an online program work for you! Check out our 5 student-tested study tips for staying motivated and productive as an online student.
A certificate program is a quick, affordable way to learn job skills that can make the difference between wishing you could get a new job and starting a rewarding new career.
Learn how to be great study buddy—whether you’re studying online or on-campus! Our infographic will also give you tips on how to choose the perfect study buddy.
Career Step prepares you to take the CompTIA A+ Certification Exam. Watch Video »
Big Bang for Your Buck
"I definitely got my money’s worth with Career Step…" See More Reasons »
- "Career Step was the best thing that ever happened to me... I love the opportunity that Career Step has given me. The knowledge I have obtained from Career Step can take me anywhere I want to go. They provide the groundwork to a lifelong career." Read More Reviews »
"The Career Step program is well-designed . . . Step by step, it leads the student through learning . . ." See More Reasons »
- "I couldn't be happier with the Career Step program. The course material was so thorough, and it was presented in a way that was really easy to understand on your own." Read More Reviews »
- "I love Career Step! When I enrolled, I thought that this was going to be a hard, lonely road. I was wrong. When I enrolled, I joined a team and gained a family. I was never alone. If I needed help or had a question, all I had to do was email student support or post on the forum. Everybody was so friendly and knowledgeable. They always gave you the feeling that they were only there for one reason—to see you succeed." Read More Reviews »
Employment Focused Training
"The training you get from Career Step is just like the work you will receive when you start working." See More Reasons »
- "Career Step has provided me with a wonderful opportunity to start a new career. Thanks to the intense course, I feel confident in starting my new career. . . . I know I would not be able to do this work if your course had not been so complete." Read More Reviews »
- "Thanks to the quality of my training, the support that I received, and the well-deserved reputation of the Career Step program, I got my first job exactly one month after graduation. Still at it, still learning and still very, very grateful for the knowledge, skills, and support I received with Career Step." Read More Reviews »