- Enter a field expected to add 89,000+ jobs
- Train in 3 months at your pace
- Prepare to earn average salaries of $52,000/yr
- All for only $1,995
- See the Top 5 Reasons to Choose Career Step
- Free laptop + Free shipping through March 31!
Free laptop + Free shipping through March 31!Enroll Online »
Computer Technician Salary
Computer Technician Salary Information and ResourcesThe most reputable source for information on computer technicians’ pay is the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, which is a branch of the U.S. Department of Labor and categorizes computer technicians in the Computer User Support Specialists category. The Bureau of Labor Statistics' May 2015 data includes information on:
- Average annual wages – The average salary of a computer technician is reported to be just over $52,000 a year, or an hourly average of over $25 an hour.
- Computer Technician salary range – The report states that the middle 50% of computer technicians' salary are between $37,300 and $63,030 a year.
- Top employers by industry – The top 3 industries that employ the largest numbers of computer technicians are computer systems design and related services, the management of companies and enterprises industry, and elementary and secondary schools. The computer technicians' pay scale average varies according to these different industries: computer systems design and related services pay an average of $54,360 a year; the management of companies and enterprises industry pays an average of $53,150 a year; and elementary and secondary schools pay an average of $44,990 a year.
Read Linda Berge's story »
Read Carly Mortensen's story »
Read Brittany Emerine's story »
Read Carmella Jones's story »