- Advance your HIM career
- Train in 6 months or less at your pace
- Gain the skills to increase your salary to $67,000 - $96,000/yr
- All for only $2,699
- Free laptop + Free shipping through March 31!
Free laptop + Free shipping through March 31!Enroll Online »
Inpatient Auditing Salary Information
INPATIENT AUDITING SALARY INFORMATION & RESOURCES
Inpatient auditing gained traction throughout 2014 and 2015. There are strong signs within the industry that the profession will grow exponentially over the next few years, but because this field is just developing, there is limited information available on salaries. Here’s what is available…
- Inpatient auditors make more than inpatient coders — In general inpatient auditors earn more than inpatient coders, who earn average salaries of $55,000 to $65,000 a year according to Indeed.com.
- There’s a wide range of coding auditor salaries — earn average annual salaries of $34,330. The middle 50% of these professionals earn between $27,070 and $39,040 a year according to the U.S. Department of Labor.
- Recent job listings post salaries of $67,000-$96,000 — earn average annual salaries of $46,200. The range of pay for these professionals as reported by PayScale.com is $30,880 to $59,490 a year.
As in any industry, salaries are determined by a number of factors. The pay you can expect will ultimately depend on the position you accept, your geographic location, and the organization you work for.