- Enter the growing healthcare market
- Train in as little as 4 months at your pace
- Prepare to earn average salaries of $40,000/yr
- Learn both ICD-10-CM and PCS
- All for only $3,495
- Work from home opportunities for new grads!
Enroll Today: Get an iPad plus FREE textbooks!Enroll Online »
Medical Coding and Billing Training Programs & Classes Online
How Long Will the Training Take?
The medical billing and coding online program that Career Step offers is designed to be completed in 4 months of full-time study. However, the online format allows you to study on your own schedule and at your own pace, so your enrollment includes 12 months of program access in case you need extra time.
What Will I Be Learning?
The Professional Medical Coding and Billing with Applied PCS program has been designed by experts with decades of experience working in and teaching medical coding. This experience has led us to a 3-part program design:
- Foundations – This first section of the program will teach you things like computer fundamentals, the health information management process, and reimbursement methodologies to ensure you thoroughly understand how medical coding fits within healthcare and have the basics down.
- Biomedical sciences – In order to correctly assign codes, you’ll need a good understanding of medical terminology, anatomy, pathophysiology, and pharmacology, and this section of the course teaches all of that from a coding perspective.
- Code training – In the final section of our medical coding classes, students are introduced to all of the different code sets and taught how to use them. You’ll practice coding actual medical records and reports (provided by our employer partners) and use the 3M encoding software so you have lots of hands-on experience and graduate ready to earn your credential(s) and start working.
We’ve specifically designed this medical coding training program to ensure you gain exactly the skills you need to start working as a medical coder, and with our applied PCS training you’ll stand out to employers.
Some of the largest and most respected names in healthcare (including the leading provider of healthcare services in the U.S. and one of the nation's largest managed healthcare companies) use our curriculum to train their employees. Some of our graduates have even been hired to work remotely right after graduation. Choose training employers prefer. Start your medical billing and coding classes online now!
Want more details about exactly what's included in the program? Download a brochure or program syllabus to learn more or review the learning objectives for each module.
Read Evelynn McCulloch-Owens's story »
Read Debi Hammond's story »
Read Ken Sloan's story »
Read Andrea Neske's story »