- Enter the growing healthcare market
- Train in as little as 4 months at your pace
- Prepare to earn average salaries of $40,000/yr
- All for only $2,795
- FREE ICD-10 FastTrack course included!
This Month Only: Free iPad or laptop!Enroll Online »
Medical Coding and Billing Training Program
What Medical Coding and Billing Training Does Career Step Offer?
Career Step offers two online medical coding and billing training programs:
Inpatient and Outpatient Medical Coding and Billing (IOMCB)
Outpatient Medical Coding and Billing (OMCB)
- Career Step's premier medical coding and billing training program
- Prepares students to be both inpatient and outpatient medical coders
- Includes preparation for the CCA and CPC certification exams
- 640 hours of curriculum and hands-on experience
The additional inpatient training in the AHIMA-approved Inpatient and Outpatient Medical Coding and Billing program expands your skill set, making you more flexible and more in demand when you're looking for a job.
How Long Will the Training Take?
The medical billing and coding training programs are designed to be completed in 4 months of full-time study. However, the online format allows you to study on your own schedule and your own pace, so your enrollment includes 12 months of program access in case you need extra time.
What Will I Be Learning?In both of the Career Step medical billing and coding training programs you'll learn:
- Medical terminology
- Healthcare structure and reimbursement
- Confidentiality and ethics
- Anatomy and pharmacology
- Medical record types and formats
- And more
After establishing a solid knowledge foundation, you'll move to the "practicum" section. In the practicum, you'll develop your coding skills by practicing on hundreds of authentic patient records. This hands-on experience will prepare you to transition to the workforce as soon as you graduate.
For more information on what is included in each of the medical billing and coding programs, download the program syllabus:
Career Step student Katherine describes her experience with the online school as she studies to be a medical coding and billing professional. Watch Video »
- "I was very fortunate to find a job to fit my requirements perfectly within the first month. While I found the course to be exactly what it was advertised to be and I was very please with the training I received, I cannot say enough about Graduate Support! I was not expecting the level of involvement with my job search that Career Step provided. In my opinion, Career Step does not consider you to have completed the course until you have found employment!" Read More Testimonials »
- "We have had great success, particularly with the Inpatient and Outpatient Medical Coding and Billing course. We have a 96% pass rate for students taking the AHIMA or AAPC tests upon completion of their program. The national pass rate is around 67%—so I think that speaks to the quality of the course Career Step offers." Read More Testimonials »
- "We've hired a number of Career Step graduates, and we've been very happy with the quality of the work that they've done at our organization. We love the way that the program tests and evaluates them along the process, and it's really helped us select those who are really shining stars." Read More Testimonials »
- "Career Step has provided me with a wonderful opportunity to start a new career. Thanks to the intense course, I feel confident in starting my new career. . . . I know I would not be able to do this work if your course had not been so complete." Read More Testimonials »
- "The experience with Career Step was a wonderful one. I was working two jobs and raising my newborn son while taking these courses, and the program is so convenient that even I was able to find the appropriate time." Read More Testimonials »
- "I made it through the course in a little less than a year, and I got hired less than 48 hours after I took the final!! . . . I have many friends who have gone to other schools and are still unemployed. Thankfully, I chose the right school that has a great reputation of producing top-notch students. Career Step really prepared me for employee testing and, ultimately, employment." Read More Testimonials »
- "Career Step gave me the training I needed to confidently begin a new career . . . Within a month of graduation I was hired and feel that every day I have used the knowledge gained from Career Step. Thanks for an excellent course!" Read More Testimonials »
- "Overall, I was very pleased with everything that Career Step had to offer. I was attracted to Career Step because I am a military spouse, and I was looking for a new career that would be easy to transfer, as my family transfers from one base to another. . . . As a new graduate, I look forward to all the new opportunities that Career Step has opened up to me." Read More Testimonials »
- "I currently work for a national healthcare consulting company and thanks to the Career Step program my career is advancing very rapidly. ... I am taking the AAPC exam in the next few weeks and I feel very comfortable thanks to the Career Step program. Without Career Step I never would have been ready for the national exam. The setup of the program was very user friendly and if I ever had a question it was answered in a very prompt manner. I have referred others to the program and my co-workers have also mentioned the program to others looking to prepare for the certification exam. THANK YOU CAREER STEP!!!!" Read More Testimonials »
- "I was able to get a job within 3 weeks of graduating, which was largely related to the Career Step name on my resume. I have talked to people and read that many new grads from other schools are looking for work for 4 to 6 months. I love my job and, while I am still learning the details of the job, I was well prepared for the work!" Read More Testimonials »
Big Bang for Your Buck
"I definitely got my money’s worth with Career Step…" See More Reasons »
"The Career Step program is well-designed . . . Step by step, it leads the student through learning . . ." See More Reasons »
Employment Focused Training
"The training you get from Career Step is just like the work you will receive when you start working." See More Reasons »
- "I was always very skeptical when it came to taking courses online. I always felt that it would be better to be in a classroom environment, but when I started Career Step, boy did I get comfortable quick. I was amazed at how much support was there for me, and I sure did use it. The student support team was always there to listen to me and encourage me and help me get my mind back on track. . . . They helped me with anything and everything . . . WOW! Thank you so much, Career Step!" Read More Testimonials »
- "I just have to say that Career Step has TRULY changed my life!! You work so hard for a 2- or 4-year college degree and then are left with no on-the-job experience and no employment when you've graduated. Yet with Career Step, I was able to complete the course in less than a year, had training that left me fully prepared and equipped, and was contacted by a recruiter a few days after graduating!" Read More Testimonials »
- "I couldn't be happier with the Career Step program. The course material was so thorough, and it was presented in a way that was really easy to understand on your own." Read More Testimonials »
- "Career Step changed everything for me! The program was challenging and, ultimately, rewarding! I went on to become nationally certified soon after completing the course. . . . Thank you for the new career and life!" Read More Testimonials »