- Enter the growing healthcare market
- Train in 3 months at your pace
- Prepare to earn average salaries of $40,000/yr
- All for only $2,995
- See the Top 5 Reasons to Choose Career Step
- Free laptop or up to $500 off!
Free laptop or up to $500 off!Enroll Online »
Medical Billing Salary Information & ResourcesThe most reputable source for information on medical billing professionals’ pay is the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, which is a branch of the U.S. Department of Labor and which categorizes medical billers in the Medical Records and Health Information Technologists category. The Bureau of Labor Statistics' May 2015 data includes information on:
- Average annual wages – The average salary reported is $40,430 a year, or an hourly average of over $19 an hour.
- Medical biller salary range – The report states that the middle 50% of medical billers and the other professionals in the Medical Records and Health Information Management category earn between $29,130 and $48,510 a year.
- Top employers by industry – The top 3 employers of professionals in this category are general medical and surgical hospitals, offices of physicians, and nursing care facilities. These different employers vary in the average pay they offer: general medical and surgical hospitals pay an average of $43,080 a year; physicians’ offices pay an average of $34,940 a year; and nursing care facilities pay an average of $37,550 a year.
Read Brittany Emerine's story »
Read Nicole Turkington's story »
Read Andrea Neske's story »
Read Carmella Jones's story »