- Enter the growing healthcare market
- Train in 3 months at your pace
- Prepare to earn average salaries of $35,000/yr
- All for only $1,995
- See the Top 5 Reasons to Choose Career Step
JULY ONLY: Get a free laptop or up to $300 off when you enroll by July 31!Enroll Online »
Medical Billing Training Program
How Long Will the Training Take?
The Medical Billing training program includes 145 hours of curriculum and is designed to be completed in 3 months of full-time study. However, the online format allows you to study on your own schedule and at your own pace, so your enrollment includes 6 months of program access in case you need extra time.
What Will I Be Learning?
The Career Step online Medical Billing training program covers:
- Medical terminology
- Payers, payment systems, and reimbursement methodologies
- Billing and collections
- Basics of billing software tools
- Brief introduction to medical coding
- Office communication
The online Medical Billing program also helps you gain hands-on experience working with industry forms such as UB-04 and CMS-1500 forms. You’ll learn how to fill out this paperwork and then practice by filling out several forms yourself. This experience will help you easily transition to the workplace as soon as you graduate. The program also helps prepare for industry specific certification exams.
Want more details about exactly what's included in the program? Download the program syllabus to review the learning objectives for each module.
A certificate program is a quick, affordable way to learn job skills that can make the difference between wishing you could get a new job and starting a rewarding new career.
Make an online program work for you! Check out our 5 student-tested study tips for staying motivated and productive as an online student.
Career Step student Katherine describes her experience with the online school as she studies to be a medical coding and billing professional. Watch Video »
- "Career Step was the best thing that ever happened to me... I love the opportunity that Career Step has given me. The knowledge I have obtained from Career Step can take me anywhere I want to go. They provide the groundwork to a lifelong career." Read More Reviews »
- "I just have to say that Career Step has TRULY changed my life!! You work so hard for a 2- or 4-year college degree and then are left with no on-the-job experience and no employment when you've graduated. Yet with Career Step, I was able to complete the course in less than a year, had training that left me fully prepared and equipped, and was contacted by a recruiter a few days after graduating!" Read More Reviews »
- "Career Step has provided me with a wonderful opportunity to start a new career. Thanks to the intense course, I feel confident in starting my new career. . . . I know I would not be able to do this work if your course had not been so complete." Read More Reviews »
Employment Focused Training
"The training you get from Career Step is just like the work you will receive when you start working." See More Reasons »
- "I couldn't be happier with the Career Step program. The course material was so thorough, and it was presented in a way that was really easy to understand on your own." Read More Reviews »
- "I love Career Step! When I enrolled, I thought that this was going to be a hard, lonely road. I was wrong. When I enrolled, I joined a team and gained a family. I was never alone. If I needed help or had a question, all I had to do was email student support or post on the forum. Everybody was so friendly and knowledgeable. They always gave you the feeling that they were only there for one reason—to see you succeed." Read More Reviews »
"The Career Step program is well-designed . . . Step by step, it leads the student through learning . . ." See More Reasons »
Big Bang for Your Buck
"I definitely got my money’s worth with Career Step…" See More Reasons »