- Enter the growing healthcare market
- Train in 3 months at your pace
- Prepare to earn average salaries of $40,000/yr
- All for only $2,995
- See the Top 5 Reasons to Choose Career Step
- Enroll Today: Get a laptop plus FREE textbooks!
Enroll Today: Get a laptop plus FREE textbooks!Enroll Online »
Medical Billing Training Program
How Long Will the Training Take?
The Medical Billing training program includes 180 hours of curriculum and is designed to be completed in 3 months of full-time study. However, the online format allows you to study on your own schedule and at your own pace, so your enrollment includes 6 months of program access in case you need extra time.
What Will I Be Learning?
The Career Step online Medical Billing training program covers:
- Medical terminology
- Payers, payment systems, and reimbursement methodologies
- How billing and collections works
- Changes related to the Affordable Care Act
- Bundled payments
- Basics of billing software tools
- Brief introduction to medical coding
- Office communication
The online Medical Billing program also helps you gain hands-on experience working with and understanding industry forms such as 837, UB-04, and CMS-1500. You’ll learn how to fill out this paperwork and then practice by completing several forms yourself. This experience will prepare you for the Certified Billing and Coding Specialist (CBCS) industry certification exam. (We even include a voucher to take this exam after graduation--a $105 value!)
Want more details about exactly what's included in the program? Download the program syllabus to learn more or review the learning objectives for each module.
Read Andrea Neske's story »
Read Carmella Jones's story »
Read Brittany Emerine's story »
Read Nicole Turkington's story »