- Work from home
- Train in as little as 4 months at your pace
- Prepare to earn average salaries of $34,000/yr
- All for only $2,795
- See the Top 5 Reasons to Choose Career Step
This Month Only: Free iPad or laptop!Enroll Online »
Medical Transcription Careers
Is Medical Transcription the Career for Me?
A career in medical transcription offers a number of benefits, including:
- The opportunity to work at home – A real career from your home with no commute, no daycare costs, and the flexibility to work anywhere there's a secure internet connection.
- Flexible work schedules – Many medical transcriptionists choose their schedules, so you'll have the freedom to work when it fits your life.
- Productivity-based income – The more you work, the more you can make as a medical transcriptionist because most are paid on production.
A career in medical transcription offers the opportunity to earn a great income in the growing healthcare industry from the comfort of your own home.
Is Career Step the School for Me?
Over 85,000 Career Step students can't be wrong. Choose Career Step, and graduate with the skills you need to start working right away. Career Step offers:
- Affordable tuition – Career Step Medical Transcription training is among the best, and you can gain the skills you need to succeed for only $2,795.
- Preparation for a growing career – Career Step works closely with hundreds of medical transcription employers and our partners have more entry-level openings than qualified applicants. With Career Step training, you'll have the skills needed for all of those openings.
- Training to excel in the workforce – Quickly gain the skills you need to start working from home right after graduation.
Choose Career Step for the quality education you need to train at home to work at home as a medical transcriptionist.
Dana, a military spouse and Career Step Medical Transcription graduate, describes why she chose Career Step’s Medical Transcription online training program and how it fit with her life as a mom and military wife. Learn more about the career and training program today. Watch Video »
Katherine, a military spouse and Career Step Medical Coding and Billing student, shares her experience with Career Step’s online training courses and the school’s participation in the MyCAA military spouse education funding program. Learn more about a medical coding and billing career and the training program today. Watch Video »
- "I just have to say that Career Step has TRULY changed my life!! You work so hard for a 2- or 4-year college degree and then are left with no on-the-job experience and no employment when you've graduated. Yet with Career Step, I was able to complete the course in less than a year, had training that left me fully prepared and equipped, and was contacted by a recruiter a few days after graduating!" Read More Testimonials »
- "When I went for my interview, because of my thorough Career Step training, I was hired on the spot. The company owner was amazed at my transcription skills compared to applications from local schools/colleges. I really like being a medical transcriptionist, and I am so excited to have a career where I can work from my home." Read More Testimonials »
- "I was able to get a job within 3 weeks of graduating, which was largely related to the Career Step name on my resume. I have talked to people and read that many new grads from other schools are looking for work for 4 to 6 months. I love my job and, while I am still learning the details of the job, I was well prepared for the work!" Read More Testimonials »
- "I finished my training with Career Step just a month before my baby was born. I started looking for a job when he was four weeks old and was working when he was six weeks old. I love that my new career gives me the opportunity to stay home with my baby! I was impressed by how easy it was to find work once the employer knew I was trained by Career Step. With the help of this program, I was completely prepared for my new job. I have been recommending them to all of my friends." Read More Testimonials »
- "Our company has hired 5 of your graduates and they have all done very well, and I credit your school with this. It is obvious that you prepare them well, as seen in the ease in which they adapt and turn out quality reports. . . . I will continue to hire graduates of Career Step and want you to know that we appreciate the well-rounded education you provide." Read More Testimonials »
- "Thanks to the quality of my training, the support that I received, and the well-deserved reputation of the Career Step program, I got my first job exactly one month after graduation. Still at it, still learning and still very, very grateful for the knowledge, skills, and support I received with Career Step." Read More Testimonials »
Employment Focused Training
"The training you get from Career Step is just like the work you will receive when you start working." See More Reasons »
- "I was concerned that in this economy I was going to have a hard time finding a job after graduating. Also, everyone talks so much about companies not hiring new graduates, but from the day I received my final exam results, it took me 14 days to find a great job! I scored very well on the company test, and I know it was due to my training in the Career Step program!" Read More Testimonials »
- "I made it through the course in a little less than a year, and I got hired less than 48 hours after I took the final!! . . . I have many friends who have gone to other schools and are still unemployed. Thankfully, I chose the right school that has a great reputation of producing top-notch students. Career Step really prepared me for employee testing and, ultimately, employment." Read More Testimonials »
- "I was very fortunate to find a job to fit my requirements perfectly within the first month. While I found the course to be exactly what it was advertised to be and I was very please with the training I received, I cannot say enough about Graduate Support! I was not expecting the level of involvement with my job search that Career Step provided. In my opinion, Career Step does not consider you to have completed the course until you have found employment!" Read More Testimonials »
- "Overall, I was very pleased with everything that Career Step had to offer. I was attracted to Career Step because I am a military spouse, and I was looking for a new career that would be easy to transfer, as my family transfers from one base to another. . . . As a new graduate, I look forward to all the new opportunities that Career Step has opened up to me." Read More Testimonials »
- "I did not know if I could be effective in this field as a T2 paraplegic. I had a deep desire to be a medical transcriptionist, so I kept positive and just went for it. I am now a medical transcription graduate and looking forward to finding employment. Carry on, and it will be worth all the effort you put forth!" Read More Testimonials »
Big Bang for Your Buck
"I definitely got my money’s worth with Career Step…" See More Reasons »
"The Career Step program is well-designed . . . Step by step, it leads the student through learning . . ." See More Reasons »
- "The experience with Career Step was a wonderful one. I was working two jobs and raising my newborn son while taking these courses, and the program is so convenient that even I was able to find the appropriate time." Read More Testimonials »
- "Career Step has provided me with a wonderful opportunity to start a new career. Thanks to the intense course, I feel confident in starting my new career. . . . I know I would not be able to do this work if your course had not been so complete." Read More Testimonials »
- "I couldn't be happier with the Career Step program. The course material was so thorough, and it was presented in a way that was really easy to understand on your own." Read More Testimonials »
- "I just got hired by a prestigious MT company. I graduated from Career Step 1 month and 12 days before. When I heard that honors graduates, on average, get jobs within a month of graduating, I was very skeptical. This sounded too good to be true. The fact is, Career Step is the main reason I got the job that I did. My new employers said they only hire from Career Step and one other MT program. They are very familiar with the quality of Career Step's training and do not even require testing if you graduated recently." Read More Testimonials »
- "Before Career Step I was enrolled in another medical transcription program. After this first program, I started applying for jobs. I applied for about 3 months and never got past the transcription portion to be interviewed. Finally, feeling frustrated, I enrolled in Career Step. The program did take me more than a year to complete, but I got a job 2 weeks after graduation. This program prepare the student for the real world medical transcription positions. Anyone wanting to secure a job in the medical transcription field should study with Career Step. I wish I had gone through them the first time." Read More Testimonials »
- "Career Step gave me the training I needed to confidently begin a new career . . . Within a month of graduation I was hired and feel that every day I have used the knowledge gained from Career Step. Thanks for an excellent course!" Read More Testimonials »
- "I was always very skeptical when it came to taking courses online. I always felt that it would be better to be in a classroom environment, but when I started Career Step, boy did I get comfortable quick. I was amazed at how much support was there for me, and I sure did use it. The student support team was always there to listen to me and encourage me and help me get my mind back on track. . . . They helped me with anything and everything . . . WOW! Thank you so much, Career Step!" Read More Testimonials »
- "We've been so impressed with Career Step and their graduates. Career Step as an organization has always impressed us—they're so top-notch, so on top of this industry. They too are always re-tooling, every day, every month, all of their curriculum." Read More Testimonials »