- Work from home
- Train in as little as 4 months at your pace
- Prepare to earn average salaries of $36,000/yr
- All for only $2,995
- Enroll Today: Get a laptop plus FREE textbooks!
Enroll Today: Get a laptop plus FREE textbooks!Enroll Online »
Medical Transcriptionist Salary Information and Resources
The most reputable source for information on medical transcriptionist salaries is the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, which is a branch of the U.S. Department of Labor. The Bureau of Labor Statistics’ May 2015 data includes information on:
- Average annual wages – The average salary for medical transcriptionists is $35,720 a year, or an hourly average of over $17 an hour.
- Salary ranges – The report states that the middle 50% of medical transcriptionists earn between $27,810 and $42,690 a year.
- Top employers by industry – The top 3 medical transcriptionist employers are hospitals, physicians’ offices, and business support services. These different employers have varying average medical transcriptionist salaries: hospitals pay an average of $38,950 a year, physicians’ offices pay an average of $35,760 a year, and business services pay an average of $31,650 a year.
It is important to note that most medical transcriptionists are paid on production, so a medical transcriptionist salary is dependent on the individual’s level of production. Your individual level of production can vary based on employer, employment status (full time, part time, independent contractor), and your own level of speed and efficiency.
Read Linda Berge's story »
Read Erika Gomm's story »
Read Jessica Christiansen's story »
Read Clare Braham's story »