Medical Assistant with Clinical Externship
The healthcare industry is growing rapidly, and as medical practices expand, medical assistants will take on more routine duties so physicians can see more patients. Medical assistants perform general patient care in healthcare facilities such as physicians’ offices, hospitals, and clinics. The medical assistant career path offers a number of benefits, including:
- Growing Demand – With over 138,000 new medical assistant jobs expected over the next few years, you’ll find open positions nationwide.
- Helping People – You can work in a field that focuses on helping people and making a difference with their health every day.
- Competitive salaries and benefits – Medical assistants enjoy competitive salaries as well as the potential for traditional employment benefits.
- Top 20 best jobs – A job as a medical assistant ranks number 5 in best healthcare support jobs in the U.S.
A career as a medical assistant offers the opportunity to earn a great income in the rapidly growing healthcare industry.
Why Choose Career Step?
Career Step has provided quality training to over 100,000 individuals in the past 25 years. Choose Career Step and complete with the skills you need to succeed as a medical assistant, and enjoy the following benefits:
- Quick completion timeline – You can be trained and working in as little as 4 months with Career Step’s flexible, online course.
- An Advocate – You’ll be assigned a personal Advocate to help you stay on track, create a plan, set goals, and stay motivated so you can reach your goal of completion.
- Preparation for a rapidly growing career – Employment for medical assistants is expected to grow by 29%, or over 184,000 jobs, by 2026.
- Convenient online training – Enjoy 24/7 access to all program materials and study at your own pace.
- Clinical externship – Gain hands-on experience in patient care, medical office administration, phlebotomy, and EKG.
- Job search assistance – Turn your training into a career after completion
With MyCAA funding, you can train with Career Step for a new career as a medical assistant with no out-of-pocket expense!
Apply Your MyCAA Funding
Contact a Career Step Advisor today at 855-261-7366 to apply your MyCAA funding to your Career Step training. You’ll need the following information for your application:
- Course Name: Medical Assistant with Externship
- Code: 602837
- Level: Certificate
- Length: 12 months
- Cost: $3,484
Career Step now includes a laptop at no extra cost for all MyCAA miltary spouses signing up in programs with textbooks available in ebook format to provide an enhanced learning experience.