Express Scribe Installation Instructions
Express Scribe allows you to play mp3 files and to control the dictation utilizing function keys on your keyboard along with a foot pedal.
- Plug the foot pedal into the USB port on your computer.
- If you have Windows 98 or Windows ME, see instructions below before continuing to the next step.
- Click on Install Express Scribe
- A File Download box will appear. Click on Open, or choose Run this program from its current location.
- You may see a Security Warning. If this appears, click Yes.
- After Express Scribe is downloaded, you will see the Express Scribe License Terms. Choose I Agree, then click Next.
- After Express Scribe appears on your screen, click on Settings -> Settings
- In the box labeled Auto-Backstep on Stop, enter 2000.
- Click on the Control tab.
- Click the Foot Pedal Control Setup Wizard button.
- You will be prompted to press the rewind, fast-forward then the play pedal on your foot pedal.
- Click OK.
CONGRATULATIONS!! Your Foot Pedal is now fully operational
If you need help with the installation process or have difficulties operating the foot pedal or software, please call
Technical Support at 1-888-657-5761
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR WINDOWS 98 AND WINDOWS ME:
- Click on the link that corresponds to the version of Windows you have: Windows 98 Windows ME
- Choose Open or Run this program from its current location from the window that comes up.
- Click Unzip on the WinZip window, then click OK to the message that comes up and close the WinZip window.
- Now click Install Foot Pedal Drivers
- Click yes if you get a security warning.
- Choose Open or Run this program from its current location.
- Now continue with step 3 above.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR MACINTOSH OS X:
Share your Career Step story and get rewarded!Learn How
- "The Career Step course is challenging, fun, and well organized. I am a recent graduate, and I had no problem finding my first job. I am excited, confident in my skills, and thrilled to start my new career. Thank you so much Career Step. To all the mothers and mothers-to-be, you can do this! Yes, it is challenging and stressful at times, but the Career Step staff and forum are there to help whenever needed. Good luck!"