Our Mission & Core Values
Career Step is the premier education provider delivering career-focused training. We create innovative and engaging programs leading to employment, development, and advancement in the largest and fastest growing fields within healthcare.
We support and empower learners and employers by focusing on successful completion, career progression, and workforce development.
Our team is the foundation of our success. We invest in and recognize the accomplishments of our employees as we change lives and advance careers.
Our core values are:
- Customer Focus
- Personal Fulfillment
Career Step Divisions
Student Career Training
- Career training programs in healthcare, technology, and administration
- Over 100,000 students throughout the United States and a number of other countries
- Over 900 employers have hired our graduates
- Partnerships with over 150 colleges and universities in the United States, Canada, Australia, the Philippines, and South Africa
- Provides students the opportunity to take Career Step programs for academic credit or using federal financial aid
- Partnerships with over 62 corporations, including some of the largest and most respected healthcare employers in the United States
- Trained over 1,800 employees
- American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC): Medical Coding and Billing graduates are prepared to sit for AAPC’s CPC credential, and Career Step’s ICD-10 programs are approved for CEUs.
- American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA): Career Step is an AHIMA-approved education provider for coding certificate programs.
- Association for Healthcare Documentation Integrity (AHDI): Career Step’s Medical Transcription Editor and Medical Transcription programs are AHDI-approved.
- Computer Technology Industry Association (CompTIA): Career Step is a CompTIA educational partner, and Computer Technician students graduate prepared to earn the A+ credential.
- National Healthcareer Association (NHA): Career Step training programs prepare students for the CPhT, CMAA, and CEHRS certifications offered by NHA. The Medical Administrative Assistant with EHR and Medical Administrative Assistant programs are NHA-approved.
- Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB): Career Step Pharmacy Technician students graduate prepared for the Board’s certification exam, the most recognized and respected pharmacy technician certification in the United States.
- Walgreens and CVS Pharmacy: Both pharmacy technician employers have formed externship partnerships with Career Step to provide students the opportunity to participate in on-site externships in their local areas.
- Named as a Military Friendly School by G.I. Jobs Magazine (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014)
- Among the Department of Defense’s inaugural partners in the Military Spouse Employment Partnership program
- Integral to the development of the Amerinet ICD-10 Tool Kit, available to Amerinet’s 3,000 acute care and more than 60,000 non-acute care health system partners
- Included on the MountainWest Capital Network Utah 100 list for 11 consecutive years
- Listed on the Inc. 500|5000 list recognizing the fastest growing private companies in the nation for 7 years
- Featured on the Viewpoints with Terry Bradshaw, Good Morning America, CNN, and USA Today