Our Mission & Core Values
Career Step is the premier provider of healthcare training. We deliver engaging, career-focused programs leading to employment and professional development. Our innovative software and consulting services drive organizational optimization.
We are committed to improving the communities we serve as we support and empower learners and employers.
Our team is the foundation of our success. We invest in and celebrate the accomplishments of our employees as we live our values, change lives, and advance careers.
Our core values are:
- Customer Focus
- Personal Fulfillment
To learn more about how we live our values and incorporate them into our daily activities, visit the Our Team Culture page.
Career Step Divisions
- Career training programs in healthcare, technology, and administration
- Over 140,000 learners throughout the United States and a number of other countries
- Over 900 employers have hired our learners
- Partnerships with over 150 colleges and universities in the United States, Canada, Australia, the Philippines, and South Africa
- Provides learners the opportunity to take Career Step programs for academic credit
- Opportunities to use federal financial aid
- American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC): Medical Coding and Billing completers are prepared to sit for AAPC’s CPC credential, and Career Step’s ICD-10 programs are approved for CEUs.
- Association for Healthcare Documentation Integrity (AHDI): Career Step’s Medical Transcription Editor and Medical Transcription programs are AHDI-approved.
- Computer Technology Industry Association (CompTIA): Career Step is a CompTIA training partner, and Computer Technician learners complete training prepared to earn the A+ credential.
- National Healthcareer Association (NHA): Career Step training programs prepare learners for the CPhT, CMAA, and CEHRS certifications offered by NHA. The Medical Administrative Assistant with EHR and Medical Administrative Assistant programs are NHA-approved.
- American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP)/Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE): Career Step's Pharmacy Technician program is accredited by ASHP/ACPE, which means the content has been verified by an ASHP/ACPE-credentialed Pharmacist and is required to meet 41 objectives set by ASHP/ACPE.
- Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB): Career Step Pharmacy Technician learners complete training prepared for the Board’s certification exam, the most recognized and respected pharmacy technician certification in the United States.
- Walgreens and CVS Pharmacy: Both pharmacies have formed externship partnerships with Career Step to provide learners the opportunity to participate in on-site externships in their local areas.
- Named as a Military Friendly School by G.I. Jobs Magazine (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015)
- Among the Department of Defense’s inaugural partners in the Military Spouse Employment Partnership program
- Integral to the development of the Amerinet ICD-10 Tool Kit, available to Amerinet’s 3,000 acute care and more than 60,000 non-acute care health system partners
- Included on the MountainWest Capital Network Utah 100 list for 11 consecutive years
- Listed on the Inc. 500|5000 list recognizing the fastest growing private companies in the nation for 9 years
- Featured on the Viewpoints with Terry Bradshaw, Good Morning America, CNN, and USA Today