Our Mission & Core Values
Career Step is the premier provider of healthcare training, with an integrated technology platform that delivers quality, trusted learning content, continuing education, and certification management to new learners, healthcare professionals, and institutions. We strive to provide the most seamless and effective healthcare learning experience possible.
Our core values are:
- Drive—Coasting only works when you’re headed downhill. We bring energy and effort to our work, and we measure our results so we have benchmarks to beat. Individual, team, and company success keep us pushing forward.
- Learner Success—We don’t succeed unless our learners do. Helping learners acquire and sharpen skills is the heart of everything we do, from creating new career opportunities to building courses that improve life-saving work.
- Vision—We never stop thinking about how healthcare training and education will change, and how we can drive that change through innovative products and services. We create the leading edge of the continuous healthcare learning experience.
- Ownership—We own the results of our work. No scapegoats, no excuses. We learn and improve through accountability. We celebrate our wins, learn from our mistakes, give credit where it’s due, and look for ways to scale success—because success is something everyone should own.
Career Step Divisions
- Career training programs in healthcare, technology, and administration
- Over 140,000 learners throughout the United States and a number of other countries
- Over 900 employers have hired our learners
- Partnerships with over 150 colleges and universities in the United States, Canada, Australia, the Philippines, and South Africa
- Provides learners the opportunity to take Career Step programs for academic credit
- Opportunities to use federal financial aid
- American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC): Medical Coding and Billing completers are prepared to sit for AAPC’s CPC credential, and Career Step’s ICD-10 programs are approved for CEUs.
- Association for Healthcare Documentation Integrity (AHDI): Career Step’s Medical Transcription Editor and Medical Transcription programs are AHDI-approved.
- Computer Technology Industry Association (CompTIA): Career Step is a CompTIA training partner, and Computer Technician learners complete training prepared to earn the A+ credential.
- National Healthcareer Association (NHA): Career Step training programs prepare learners for the CPhT, CMAA, and CEHRS certifications offered by NHA. The Medical Administrative Assistant with EHR and Medical Administrative Assistant programs are NHA-approved.
- American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP)/Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE): Career Step's Pharmacy Technician program is accredited by ASHP/ACPE, which means the content has been verified by an ASHP/ACPE-credentialed Pharmacist and is required to meet 41 objectives set by ASHP/ACPE.
- Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB): Career Step Pharmacy Technician learners complete training prepared for the Board’s certification exam, the most recognized and respected pharmacy technician certification in the United States.
- Walgreens and CVS Pharmacy: Both pharmacies have formed externship partnerships with Career Step to provide learners the opportunity to participate in on-site externships in their local areas.
- Named as a Military Friendly School by G.I. Jobs Magazine (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015)
- Among the Department of Defense’s inaugural partners in the Military Spouse Employment Partnership program
- Integral to the development of the Amerinet ICD-10 Tool Kit, available to Amerinet’s 3,000 acute care and more than 60,000 non-acute care health system partners
- Included on the MountainWest Capital Network Utah 100 list for 11 consecutive years
- Listed on the Inc. 500|5000 list recognizing the fastest growing private companies in the nation for 9 years
- Featured on the Viewpoints with Terry Bradshaw, Good Morning America, CNN, and USA Today