Train for a New Career in
Medical Coding and Billing
- Nationwide shortage – There’s a great need for well-trained medical coders nationwide—in fact, there are estimated to be 50% more positions than professionals! This shortage has only increased with all of the recent industry changes. Watch CNBC's recent report on the need for coders here.
- Healthcare’s security – The healthcare industry is one of the fastest growing in the country, and medical coding gives you a chance to enjoy that security from an office setting with many opportunities for promotions and advancement.
- Competitive salaries and benefits – Medical coding and billing professionals enjoy competitive salaries as well as the potential for traditional employment benefits.
Why Choose Career Step?
Career Step’s Professional Medical Coding and Billing program with Applied PCS offers you:
- Employer-trusted curriculum – Some of the largest and most respected healthcare employers in the nation are using Career Step’s curriculum to train their employees. Career Step’s relationships with employers have provided some of our graduates with the opportunity to work from home right after graduation.
- Expert-designed career training – Our program was built by AHIMA-Approved ICD-10-CM/PCS Trainers and other experts with decades of experience to ensure you gain the skills you need to excel in this field, which is expected to enjoy new job growth of 15% by 2024*.
- AHIMA-approved education – Career Step’s Professional Medical Coding and Billing with Applied PCS training is one of the only online AHIMA-approved training programs, giving you the confidence that you’re gaining the skills you’ll need for the workforce.
Choose Career Step for the quality education you need to secure a successful healthcare career as a medical coding and billing professional. With the additional PCS training included in our Professional Medical Coding and Billing with Applied PCS course, you’ll be prepared for positions in both physician practices and hospitals. And with MyCAA funding, you can train with Career Step for a new career with all of your tuition expenses covered!* U.S. Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics
You can also take the Pharmacy Technician or Medical Administrative Assistant with EHR, or Medical Billing programs individually. If you’re interested in this option, please contact an Academic Advisor at 1-877-201-3470 today.
Apply Your MyCAA Funding
Contact a Career Step Academic Advisor today at 866-305-5305 to apply your MyCAA funding to your Career Step education. You’ll need the following information for your application:
- Course Name: Professional Medical Coding and Billing
- Code: 602822
- Level: Certificate
- Length: 12 months
- Cost: $3,399
Career Step now includes a laptop at no extra cost for all MyCAA students enrolling in programs with textbooks available in ebook format to provide an enhanced student experience.