with up to
for Military Spouses
Get your $4,000 scholarship with MyCAA
Career Step is a MyCAA-approved online school offering funding options to military spouses. MyCAA funding offers up to $4,000 to cover the training costs of military spouses interested in training for growing, portable careers. Qualifications include:
- Must be a current spouse of an active duty Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine, National Guard, or Reserve member in pay grades E1-E5, O1-O2, or W1-W2.
- If the military member is a National Guard and/or AGR member, they must be on federal Title 10 active duty orders as reported in DEERS for their spouse to be eligible for MyCAA funding.
- Spouses of National Guard or Reserve members in Alert, Transition Assistance, or Post Deployment status are not eligible.
If you're interested in applying for MyCAA funding to cover your Career Step education, you can refer to our application checklist or call an Academic Advisor at 1-855-226-8364.
Don’t qualify for MyCAA?
In honor of the sacrifice and service of military service members and their families, Career Step offers special military discounts. These are available to military personnel and their spouses.
- See Pricing
Program Military Pricing Medical Transcription Editor $2,650 Professional Medical Coding and Billing $2,650 Medical Administrative Assistant with EHR $2,150 Pharmacy Technician $1,850 Computer Technician $1,850 Medical Administrative Assistant $1,850 Medical Billing $1,850 Executive Assistant $1,850 ICD-10 FastTrack $550 Microsoft Office 2007 Bundle $450 Microsoft Access 2007 $135 Microsoft Excel 2007 $135 Microsoft Outlook 2007 $135 Microsoft PowerPoint 2007 $135 Microsoft Word 2007 $135
- "I made it through the course in a little less than a year, and I got hired less than 48 hours after I took the final!! . . . I have many friends who have gone to other schools and are still unemployed. Thankfully, I chose the right school that has a great reputation of producing top-notch students. Career Step really prepared me for employee testing and, ultimately, employment." Read More Reviews »
- "I'm a military spouse and Career Step changed my life—thank you! It's wonderful to be able to stay with ONE job and ONE employer even though we move every 2 years or so." Read More Reviews »
- "I couldn't be happier with the Career Step program. The course material was so thorough, and it was presented in a way that was really easy to understand on your own." Read More Reviews »
- "I was always very skeptical when it came to taking courses online. I always felt that it would be better to be in a classroom environment, but when I started Career Step, boy did I get comfortable quick. I was amazed at how much support was there for me, and I sure did use it. The student support team was always there to listen to me and encourage me and help me get my mind back on track. . . . They helped me with anything and everything . . . WOW! Thank you so much, Career Step!" Read More Reviews »
- "I just got hired by a prestigious MT company. I graduated from Career Step 1 month and 12 days before. When I heard that honors graduates, on average, get jobs within a month of graduating, I was very skeptical. . . .Career Step is the main reason I got the job that I did. My new employers said they only hire from Career Step and one other MT program. They are very familiar with the quality of Career Step's training and do not even require testing if you graduated recently. " Read More Reviews »
- "Overall, I was very pleased with everything that Career Step had to offer. I was attracted to Career Step because I am a military spouse, and I was looking for a new career that would be easy to transfer, as my family transfers from one base to another. . . . As a new graduate, I look forward to all the new opportunities that Career Step has opened up to me." Read More Reviews »
Employment Focused Training
"The training you get from Career Step is just like the work you will receive when you start working." See More Reasons »
- "As an Air Force wife, I hope that many other military spouses take advantage of the opportunity to get such great career training through Career Step!" Read More Reviews »
- "I can't thank all of you at Career Step enough! I passed the PTCE in November and started a new job at a locally owned pharmacy the first week of January! With my husband in the Army, I'm so grateful to have a "mobile" career that is so rewarding and that I really enjoy. I truly couldn't have done it without you!" Read More Reviews »
- "I have been very skeptical of online courses that state, 'Earn good money while working at home.' If it were not for the vocational rehab that referred me to Career Step, I would have never given them a chance. I now can say I am definitely glad I did. That staff is amazingly helpful even after graduation, which nowadays is hard to find.I would refer Career Step to any of those skeptical people like me. This is definitely worth a shot if you want to work from home." Read More Reviews »