Military Tuition Funding Options
In recognition of the sacrifice of military service members and their families, Career Step offers a number of military tuition funding options. These include MyCAA funding for eligible military spouses, a partnership with Georgia Regents University that provides an option for active duty service members using tuition assistance benefits, and military tuition discounts.
MyCAA Funding for Military SpousesCareer Step is a MyCAA-approved online school offering funding options to military spouses. MyCAA funding offers up to $4,000 to cover the training costs of military spouses interested in training for growing, portable careers. Qualifications include:
|MyCAA Education Funding Quick Reference|
- Must be a current spouse of an active duty Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine, National Guard, or Reserve member in pay grades E1-E5, O1-O2, or W1-W2.
- If the military member is a National Guard and/or AGR member, they must be on federal Title 10 active duty orders as reported in DEERS for their spouse to be eligible for MyCAA funding.
- Spouses of National Guard or Reserve members in Alert, Transition Assistance, or Post Deployment status are not eligible.
If you're interested in applying for MyCAA funding to cover your Career Step education, you can refer to our application checklist or call an Academic Advisor at 1-855-226-8364.
Tuition Assistance Benefits with Georgia Regents University
Career Step has partnered with Georgia Regents University to help active duty service members interested in using their tuition assistance benefits. All of the Career Step training programs are available through this partnership. Please visit CareerStep.com/gru to learn more about this partnership and using your TA benefits.
In honor of the sacrifice and service of military service members and their families, Career Step offers special military discounts. These are available to military personnel and their spouses.
|Medical Transcription Editor||$2,450|
|Professional Medical Coding and Billing||$2,450|
|Electronic Health Records Office Professional||$2,150|
|Medical Administrative Assistant||$1,550|
|Microsoft Office 2007 Bundle||$450|
|Microsoft Access 2007||$135|
|Microsoft Excel 2007||$135|
|Microsoft Outlook 2007||$135|
|Microsoft PowerPoint 2007||$135|
|Microsoft Word 2007||$135|
- "I really enjoyed completing the Career Step training. I'm proud that I can look back and say that I finished the program after all it took for me to get to the end. (My husband is in the military and we moved halfway through my training.) I look forward to settling down (we recently moved again!) and . . . finding a position in the field that fits my life." Read More Reviews »
- "I just have to say that Career Step has TRULY changed my life!! You work so hard for a 2- or 4-year college degree and then are left with no on-the-job experience and no employment when you've graduated. Yet with Career Step, I was able to complete the course in less than a year, had training that left me fully prepared and equipped, and was contacted by a recruiter a few days after graduating!" Read More Reviews »
- "Overall, I was very pleased with everything that Career Step had to offer. I was attracted to Career Step because I am a military spouse, and I was looking for a new career that would be easy to transfer, as my family transfers from one base to another. . . . As a new graduate, I look forward to all the new opportunities that Career Step has opened up to me." Read More Reviews »
- "Before Career Step I was enrolled in another medical transcription program. After this first program, I started applying for jobs. I applied for about 3 months and never got past the transcription portion to be interviewed. Finally, feeling frustrated, I enrolled in Career Step. The program did take me more than a year to complete, but I got a job 2 weeks after graduation. This program prepare the student for the real world medical transcription positions. Anyone wanting to secure a job in the medical transcription field should study with Career Step. I wish I had gone through them the first time." Read More Reviews »
Employment Focused Training
"The training you get from Career Step is just like the work you will receive when you start working." See More Reasons »
- "I currently work for a national healthcare consulting company and thanks to the Career Step program my career is advancing very rapidly. ... Without Career Step I never would have been ready for the national exam. The setup of the program was very user friendly and if I ever had a question it was answered in a very prompt manner. I have referred others to the program and my co-workers have also mentioned the program to others looking to prepare for the certification exam. THANK YOU CAREER STEP!!!!" Read More Reviews »
- "I'm a military spouse and Career Step changed my life—thank you! It's wonderful to be able to stay with ONE job and ONE employer even though we move every 2 years or so." Read More Reviews »
- "Thanks to the quality of my training, the support that I received, and the well-deserved reputation of the Career Step program, I got my first job exactly one month after graduation. Still at it, still learning and still very, very grateful for the knowledge, skills, and support I received with Career Step." Read More Reviews »
- "I was able to get a job within 3 weeks of graduating, which was largely related to the Career Step name on my resume. I have talked to people and read that many new grads from other schools are looking for work for 4 to 6 months. I love my job and, while I am still learning the details of the job, I was well prepared for the work!" Read More Reviews »
- "I was always very skeptical when it came to taking courses online. I always felt that it would be better to be in a classroom environment, but when I started Career Step, boy did I get comfortable quick. I was amazed at how much support was there for me, and I sure did use it. The student support team was always there to listen to me and encourage me and help me get my mind back on track. . . . They helped me with anything and everything . . . WOW! Thank you so much, Career Step!" Read More Reviews »