Military Tuition Funding Options
In recognition of the sacrifice of military service members and their families, Career Step offers a number of military tuition funding options. These include MyCAA funding for eligible military spouses, a partnership with Georgia Regents University that provides an option for active duty service members using tuition assistance benefits, and military tuition discounts.
MyCAA Funding for Military SpousesCareer Step is a MyCAA-approved online school offering funding options to military spouses. MyCAA funding offers up to $4,000 to cover the training costs of military spouses interested in training for growing, portable careers. Qualifications include:
|MyCAA Education Funding Quick Reference|
- Must be a current spouse of an active duty Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine, National Guard, or Reserve member in pay grades E1-E5, O1-O2, or W1-W2.
- If the military member is a National Guard and/or AGR member, they must be on federal Title 10 active duty orders as reported in DEERS for their spouse to be eligible for MyCAA funding.
- Spouses of National Guard or Reserve members in Alert, Transition Assistance, or Post Deployment status are not eligible.
If you're interested in applying for MyCAA funding to cover your Career Step education, you can refer to our application checklist or call an Academic Advisor at 1-855-226-8364.
Tuition Assistance Benefits with Georgia Regents University
Career Step has partnered with Georgia Regents University to help active duty service members interested in using their tuition assistance benefits. All of the Career Step training programs are available through this partnership. Please visit CareerStep.com/gru to learn more about this partnership and using your TA benefits.
In honor of the sacrifice and service of military service members and their families, Career Step offers special military discounts. These are available to military personnel and their spouses.
|Medical Transcription Editor||$2,450|
|Professional Medical Coding and Billing||$2,450|
|Medical Administrative Assistant with EHR||$2,150|
|Medical Administrative Assistant||$1,550|
|Microsoft Office 2007 Bundle||$450|
|Microsoft Access 2007||$135|
|Microsoft Excel 2007||$135|
|Microsoft Outlook 2007||$135|
|Microsoft PowerPoint 2007||$135|
|Microsoft Word 2007||$135|
The pharmacy technician industry expects over 70,000 new jobs in the next few years. Find out if this is the career for you!
A certificate program is a quick, affordable way to learn job skills that can make the difference between wishing you could get a new job and starting a rewarding new career.
The electronic health record industry expects over 180,000 new jobs in the next few years. Find out if this is the career for you!
Career Step graduate, Iris, describes her experience with the online school as she chose to study with Career Step as a pharmacy technician. Watch Video »
Career Step CEO Steve Tober talks about Career Step's history, the school's mission, and its commitment to each student. Learn more about the Career Step training programs today! Watch Video »
Career Step student Katherine describes her experience with the online school as she studies to be a medical coding and billing professional. Watch Video »
Career Step graduate, Dana, describes her experience with the online school as she chose to study with Career Step as a medical transcriptionist. Watch Video »
- "I couldn't be happier with the Career Step program. The course material was so thorough, and it was presented in a way that was really easy to understand on your own." Read More Reviews »
- "Thanks to the quality of my training, the support that I received, and the well-deserved reputation of the Career Step program, I got my first job exactly one month after graduation. Still at it, still learning and still very, very grateful for the knowledge, skills, and support I received with Career Step." Read More Reviews »
"The Career Step program is well-designed . . . Step by step, it leads the student through learning . . ." See More Reasons »
Employment Focused Training
"The training you get from Career Step is just like the work you will receive when you start working." See More Reasons »
- "I really enjoyed completing the Career Step training. I'm proud that I can look back and say that I finished the program after all it took for me to get to the end. (My husband is in the military and we moved halfway through my training.) I look forward to settling down (we recently moved again!) and . . . finding a position in the field that fits my life." Read More Reviews »
- "Career Step gave me the training I needed to confidently begin a new career . . . Within a month of graduation I was hired and feel that every day I have used the knowledge gained from Career Step. Thanks for an excellent course!" Read More Reviews »
- "I can't thank all of you at Career Step enough! I passed the PTCE in November and started a new job at a locally owned pharmacy the first week of January! With my husband in the Army, I'm so grateful to have a "mobile" career that is so rewarding and that I really enjoy. I truly couldn't have done it without you!" Read More Reviews »
- "I'm a military spouse and Career Step changed my life—thank you! It's wonderful to be able to stay with ONE job and ONE employer even though we move every 2 years or so." Read More Reviews »
- "Overall, I was very pleased with everything that Career Step had to offer. I was attracted to Career Step because I am a military spouse, and I was looking for a new career that would be easy to transfer, as my family transfers from one base to another. . . . As a new graduate, I look forward to all the new opportunities that Career Step has opened up to me." Read More Reviews »
- "As an Air Force wife, I hope that many other military spouses take advantage of the opportunity to get such great career training through Career Step!" Read More Reviews »
Big Bang for Your Buck
"I definitely got my money’s worth with Career Step…" See More Reasons »
- "I was always very skeptical when it came to taking courses online. I always felt that it would be better to be in a classroom environment, but when I started Career Step, boy did I get comfortable quick. I was amazed at how much support was there for me, and I sure did use it. The student support team was always there to listen to me and encourage me and help me get my mind back on track. . . . They helped me with anything and everything . . . WOW! Thank you so much, Career Step!" Read More Reviews »
- "The Career Step course is challenging, fun, and well organized. I am a recent graduate, and I had no problem finding my first job. I am excited, confident in my skills, and thrilled to start my new career. Thank you so much Career Step. To all the mothers and mothers-to-be, you can do this! Yes, it is challenging and stressful at times, but the Career Step staff and forum are there to help whenever needed. Good luck!"
- "I'm excited to be able to go into the workplace knowing that I've already got all the skills to succeed at my fingertips!"
- "I was able to get a job within 3 weeks of graduating, which was largely related to the Career Step name on my resume. I have talked to people and read that many new grads from other schools are looking for work for 4 to 6 months. I love my job and . . . I was well prepared for the work!"
- "I thoroughly enjoyed my Career Step training! I hadn't gone to school in many years and was unsure if I even had it in me to complete such a comprehensive course. . . . I received a job offer from the company that I really was hoping to work for within 8 days after I received my final results and tested with them. I couldn't be happier!"
- "When I went for my interview, because of my thorough Career Step training, I was hired on the spot. The company owner was amazed at my skills, compared to the applicants from the local schools/colleges."
- "After losing my job, I turned to Career Step for my education . . . Career Step introduced a whole new world to me and has opened the doors to a plethora of career opportunities."
- "I love Career Step! When I enrolled, I thought that this was going to be a hard, lonely road. I was wrong. When I enrolled, I joined a team and gained a family. I was never alone. If I needed help of had a question, all I had to do was email student support or post on the forum. Everybody was so friendly and knowledgeable. They always gave you the feeling that they were only there for one reason—to see you succeed."
- "Graduate support has truly exceeded any expectations that I had. They are so supportive and are determined to help me find a job and be successful . . . Thanks, Career Step!"
- "I originally decided to take the course simply because I wanted to be home for my young son. Before I was even halfway through the course, it becamse so much more. It became something I wanted to do for me as well. I feel like I have accomplished something wonderful, and I discovered that I can have a career that I am passionate about and truly enjoy. It doesn't get any better than that!"
- "Career Step is definitely a program I will recommend to anyone who is looking to begin a career in this field. I was working full time while doing this program, and I was still able to complete it easily. This program is very informative and resourceful. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!"
- "Career Step was recommended to me by a family member . . . I found the training to be excellent and very worth the investment. In contacting prospective employers, they all seem very open to hiring graduates, which speaks volumes about the respect granted to Career Step's student preparation."
- "I have nothing to gain by exaggerating my experience with Career Step. So, when I say this course literally exceeded my expectations, it is the truth. If you want to be 100% prepared for a job . . . you can't go wrong with Career Step."
- "Career Step was the best thing that ever happened to me. . . . I love the opportunity that Career Step has given me. The knowledge I have obtained from Career Step can take me anywhere I want to go. They provide the groundwork to a life-long career."