with up to
for Military Spouses
Get your $4,000 scholarship with MyCAA
Career Step is a MyCAA-approved online school offering funding options to military spouses. MyCAA funding offers up to $4,000 to cover the training costs of military spouses interested in training for growing, portable careers.
Career Step also now includes a Kindle Fire at no extra cost for all MyCAA students enrolling in programs with textbooks available in ebook format to provide an enhanced student experience.
MyCAA qualifications include:
- Must be a current spouse of an active duty Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine, National Guard, or Reserve member in pay grades E1-E5, O1-O2, or W1-W2.
- If the military member is a National Guard and/or AGR member, they must be on federal Title 10 active duty orders as reported in DEERS for their spouse to be eligible for MyCAA funding.
- Spouses of National Guard or Reserve members in Alert, Transition Assistance, or Post Deployment status are not eligible.
If you're interested in applying for MyCAA funding to cover your Career Step education, you can refer to our application checklist or call an Academic Advisor at 1-855-226-8364.
Don’t qualify for MyCAA?
In honor of the sacrifice and service of military service members and their families, Career Step offers special military discounts. These are available to military personnel and their spouses.
- See Pricing
Program Military Pricing Medical Transcription Editor $2,650 Professional Medical Coding and Billing $2,650 Medical Administrative Assistant with EHR $2,150 Pharmacy Technician $1,850 Computer Technician $1,850 Medical Administrative Assistant $1,850 Medical Billing $1,850 Executive Assistant $1,850 ICD-10 FastTrack $550 Microsoft Office 2007 Bundle $450 Microsoft Access 2007 $135 Microsoft Excel 2007 $135 Microsoft Outlook 2007 $135 Microsoft PowerPoint 2007 $135 Microsoft Word 2007 $135
- "I was able to get a job within 3 weeks of graduating, which was largely related to the Career Step name on my resume. I have talked to people and read that many new grads from other schools are looking for work for 4 to 6 months. I love my job and, while I am still learning the details of the job, I was well prepared for the work!" Read More Reviews »
- "I can't thank all of you at Career Step enough! I passed the PTCE in November and started a new job at a locally owned pharmacy the first week of January! With my husband in the Army, I'm so grateful to have a "mobile" career that is so rewarding and that I really enjoy. I truly couldn't have done it without you!" Read More Reviews »
- "Thanks to the quality of my training, the support that I received, and the well-deserved reputation of the Career Step program, I got my first job exactly one month after graduation. Still at it, still learning and still very, very grateful for the knowledge, skills, and support I received with Career Step." Read More Reviews »
- "I really enjoyed completing the Career Step training. I'm proud that I can look back and say that I finished the program after all it took for me to get to the end. (My husband is in the military and we moved halfway through my training.) I look forward to settling down (we recently moved again!) and . . . finding a position in the field that fits my life." Read More Reviews »
- "I currently work for a national healthcare consulting company and thanks to the Career Step program my career is advancing very rapidly. ... Without Career Step I never would have been ready for the national exam. The setup of the program was very user friendly and if I ever had a question it was answered in a very prompt manner. I have referred others to the program and my co-workers have also mentioned the program to others looking to prepare for the certification exam. THANK YOU CAREER STEP!!!!" Read More Reviews »
"The Career Step program is well-designed . . . Step by step, it leads the student through learning . . ." See More Reasons »
- "I did not know if I could be effective in this field as a T2 paraplegic. I had a deep desire to be a medical transcriptionist, so I kept positive and just went for it. I am now a medical transcription graduate and looking forward to finding employment. Carry on, and it will be worth all the effort you put forth!" Read More Reviews »
- "I have been very skeptical of online courses that state, 'Earn good money while working at home.' If it were not for the vocational rehab that referred me to Career Step, I would have never given them a chance. I now can say I am definitely glad I did. That staff is amazingly helpful even after graduation, which nowadays is hard to find.I would refer Career Step to any of those skeptical people like me. This is definitely worth a shot if you want to work from home." Read More Reviews »
- "I'm a military spouse and Career Step changed my life—thank you! It's wonderful to be able to stay with ONE job and ONE employer even though we move every 2 years or so." Read More Reviews »
- "I just have to say that Career Step has TRULY changed my life!! You work so hard for a 2- or 4-year college degree and then are left with no on-the-job experience and no employment when you've graduated. Yet with Career Step, I was able to complete the course in less than a year, had training that left me fully prepared and equipped, and was contacted by a recruiter a few days after graduating!" Read More Reviews »