with up to
for Military Spouses
Get Your $4,000 Scholarship with the MyCAA Program
The MyCAA funding program offers $4,000 for military spouses who are interested in training for rewarding careers—specifically ones that offer opportunities nationwide, so spouses can have a career no matter where they live.
Career Step offers a number of MyCAA-approved courses for healthcare, technology, and administration careers. All of our programs are completely covered by MyCAA, so if you qualify you can train with no out-of-pocket expenses! Career Step also now includes a Kindle Fire at no extra cost for all MyCAA students enrolling in programs with textbooks available in ebook format to provide an enhanced learning experience.
Do you qualify for MyCAA funding?
- You must be a current spouse of an active duty Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine, National Guard, or Reserve member in pay grades E1-E5, O1-O2, or W1-W2.
- If a military member is a National Guard and/or AGR member, they must be on federal Title 10 active duty orders as reported in DEERS for their spouse to be eligible for MyCAA funding.
- Spouses of National Guard or Reserve members in Alert, Transition Assistance, or Post Deployment status are not eligible.
Learn more about the MyCAA grant in our quick video.
If you’re interested in applying for MyCAA funding to cover your Career Step education, refer to our application checklist or call an Academic Advisor at 1-855-226-8364.
Learn how to be great study buddy—whether you’re studying online or on-campus! Our infographic will also give you tips on how to choose the perfect study buddy.
Choosing a career as a military spouse can be especially challenging. Find out what 3 considerations can increase your chances of career satisfaction later on!
Make an online program work for you! Check out our 5 student-tested study tips for staying motivated and productive as an online student.
A certificate program is a quick, affordable way to learn job skills that can make the difference between wishing you could get a new job and starting a rewarding new career.
The electronic health record industry expects over 180,000 new jobs in the next few years. Find out if this is the career for you!
Career Step CEO Steve Tober talks about Career Step's history, the school's mission, and its commitment to each student. Learn more about the Career Step training programs today! Watch Video »
Career Step student Katherine describes her experience with the online school as she studies to be a medical coding and billing professional. Watch Video »
Career Step graduate, Iris, describes her experience with the online school as she chose to study with Career Step as a pharmacy technician. Watch Video »
Career Step graduate, Dana, describes her experience with the online school as she chose to study with Career Step as a medical transcriptionist. Watch Video »
- "As an Air Force wife, I hope that many other military spouses take advantage of the opportunity to get such great career training through Career Step!" Read More Reviews »
- "I really enjoyed completing the Career Step training. I'm proud that I can look back and say that I finished the program after all it took for me to get to the end. (My husband is in the military and we moved halfway through my training.) I look forward to settling down (we recently moved again!) and . . . finding a position in the field that fits my life." Read More Reviews »
- "I'm a military spouse and Career Step changed my life—thank you! It's wonderful to be able to stay with ONE job and ONE employer even though we move every 2 years or so." Read More Reviews »
- "I can't thank all of you at Career Step enough! I passed the PTCE in November and started a new job at a locally owned pharmacy the first week of January! With my husband in the Army, I'm so grateful to have a "mobile" career that is so rewarding and that I really enjoy. I truly couldn't have done it without you!" Read More Reviews »
- "Overall, I was very pleased with everything that Career Step had to offer. I was attracted to Career Step because I am a military spouse, and I was looking for a new career that would be easy to transfer, as my family transfers from one base to another. . . . As a new graduate, I look forward to all the new opportunities that Career Step has opened up to me." Read More Reviews »
"The Career Step program is well-designed . . . Step by step, it leads the student through learning . . ." See More Reasons »
- "I couldn't be happier with the Career Step program. The course material was so thorough, and it was presented in a way that was really easy to understand on your own." Read More Reviews »
- "Thanks to the quality of my training, the support that I received, and the well-deserved reputation of the Career Step program, I got my first job exactly one month after graduation. Still at it, still learning and still very, very grateful for the knowledge, skills, and support I received with Career Step." Read More Reviews »
- "I was always very skeptical when it came to taking courses online. I always felt that it would be better to be in a classroom environment, but when I started Career Step, boy did I get comfortable quick. I was amazed at how much support was there for me, and I sure did use it. The student support team was always there to listen to me and encourage me and help me get my mind back on track. . . . They helped me with anything and everything . . . WOW! Thank you so much, Career Step!" Read More Reviews »
Big Bang for Your Buck
"I definitely got my money’s worth with Career Step…" See More Reasons »
- "Career Step gave me the training I needed to confidently begin a new career . . . Within a month of graduation I was hired and feel that every day I have used the knowledge gained from Career Step. Thanks for an excellent course!" Read More Reviews »
Employment Focused Training
"The training you get from Career Step is just like the work you will receive when you start working." See More Reasons »