Online Continuing Education Programs
Even when you're already working in a successful career, furthering your education can help you continue your career growth, stay competitive, and set yourself apart from the competition. As a leader in medical transcription training, Career Step has harnessed years of experience and employer feedback to develop several online continuing education courses. These online programs help trained medical transcriptionists expand their skill sets and prepare to earn industry credentials.
Designed for recently trained ICD-9 medical coders preparing for the transition to the ICD-10 code set.
ICD-9 for ICD-10 Coders
Designed for recently trained ICD-10 medical coders preparing for the ICD-9 code set.
Medical Transcription Editing Supplement
Designed for trained medical transcriptionists looking to expand their skill sets to include speech recognition editing.
RHDS Exam Prep
Up-to-date RHDS exam prep curriculum specifically designed to help you quickly prepare for AHDI’s new test format.
OCT ONLY: Get a free iPad or up to $500 off!Enroll online »
Employment Focused Training
"The training you get from Career Step is just like the work you will receive when you start working." See More Reasons »
- "We have had great success, particularly with the Inpatient and Outpatient Medical Coding and Billing course. We have a 96% pass rate for students taking the AHIMA or AAPC tests upon completion of their program. The national pass rate is around 67%—so I think that speaks to the quality of the course Career Step offers." Read More Reviews »
- "I couldn't be happier with the Career Step program. The course material was so thorough, and it was presented in a way that was really easy to understand on your own." Read More Reviews »
- "The externship went extremely well, and I learned a lot. The manager told me that it was great working with me and thanked me for my help. She also wanted me to tell you that she would be interested in receiving another Career Step student later this summer." Read More Reviews »
- "I love Career Step! When I enrolled, I thought that this was going to be a hard, lonely road. I was wrong. When I enrolled, I joined a team and gained a family. I was never alone. If I needed help or had a question, all I had to do was email student support or post on the forum. Everybody was so friendly and knowledgeable. They always gave you the feeling that they were only there for one reason—to see you succeed." Read More Reviews »
- "Our company has hired 5 of your graduates and they have all done very well, and I credit your school with this. It is obvious that you prepare them well, as seen in the ease in which they adapt and turn out quality reports. . . . I will continue to hire graduates of Career Step and want you to know that we appreciate the well-rounded education you provide." Read More Reviews »
- "Being a pharmacy technician has been such a great experience! Wherever I move, I can always find a pharm tech job because the profession is in such high demand and being nationally certified has given me a competitive edge over other applicants. Working as a pharmacy technician is an excellent healthcare career and also offers many opportunities for career growth." Read More Reviews »
- "I took the PTCE one week after I completed the course and passed on the first try. I started my externship at a local Walgreens pharmacy and within a week, they offered me a position. I finished my externship, completed their training program, and have been employed with them for several months now. I wanted to thank you all at Career Step for an amazing experience. It truly has been life changing!" Read More Reviews »
- "I can't thank all of you at Career Step enough! I passed the PTCE in November and started a new job at a locally owned pharmacy the first week of January! With my husband in the Army, I'm so grateful to have a "mobile" career that is so rewarding and that I really enjoy. I truly couldn't have done it without you!" Read More Reviews »
- "I was well prepared for my externship in terms of my understanding of Latin abbreviations and standard practices. I actually completed the retail practice module before starting and found the labs on how to type up prescriptions very helpful. . ." Read More Reviews »