Online Continuing Education Programs
Even when you're already working in a successful career, furthering your education can help you continue your career growth, stay competitive, and set yourself apart from the competition. As a leader in medical transcription training, Career Step has harnessed years of experience and employer feedback to develop several online continuing education courses. These online programs help trained medical transcriptionists expand their skill sets and prepare to earn industry credentials.
Designed for recently trained ICD-9 medical coders preparing for the transition to the ICD-10 code set.
ICD-9 for ICD-10 Coders
Designed for recently trained ICD-10 medical coders preparing for the ICD-9 code set.
Medical Transcription Editing Supplement
Designed for trained medical transcriptionists looking to expand their skill sets to include speech recognition editing.
RHDS Exam Prep
Up-to-date RHDS exam prep curriculum specifically designed to help you quickly prepare for AHDI’s new test format.
ENDS OCTOBER 17: Get a free iPad AND Complete Library of Printed Textbooks!Enroll online »
- "Overall, I was very pleased with everything that Career Step had to offer. I was attracted to Career Step because I am a military spouse, and I was looking for a new career that would be easy to transfer, as my family transfers from one base to another. . . . As a new graduate, I look forward to all the new opportunities that Career Step has opened up to me." Read More Reviews »
- "I was able to get a job within 3 weeks of graduating, which was largely related to the Career Step name on my resume. I have talked to people and read that many new grads from other schools are looking for work for 4 to 6 months. I love my job and, while I am still learning the details of the job, I was well prepared for the work!" Read More Reviews »
- "Being a pharmacy technician was a good experience to have early on in my working life. I have learned valuable customer service skills, great attention to detail, and strong abilities to work in a team. These skills are great to have in my everyday life as well in the working environment. I have also enjoyed getting to know the regular customers and found confidence and contentment in helping others. This is a great career to be in!" Read More Reviews »
- "Career Step was the best thing that ever happened to me... I love the opportunity that Career Step has given me. The knowledge I have obtained from Career Step can take me anywhere I want to go. They provide the groundwork to a lifelong career." Read More Reviews »
- "Career Step changed everything for me! he program was challenging and, ultimately, rewarding! I went on to become nationally certified soon after completing the course. . . . Thank you for the new career and life!" Read More Reviews »
- "Our company has hired 5 of your graduates and they have all done very well, and I credit your school with this. It is obvious that you prepare them well, as seen in the ease in which they adapt and turn out quality reports. . . . I will continue to hire graduates of Career Step and want you to know that we appreciate the well-rounded education you provide." Read More Reviews »
- "I was well prepared for my externship in terms of my understanding of Latin abbreviations and standard practices. I actually completed the retail practice module before starting and found the labs on how to type up prescriptions very helpful. . ." Read More Reviews »
- "I feel this externship is making me more comfortable and confident to go into a pharmacy technician position. I am very happy about having this opportunity!" Read More Reviews »
- "I took the PTCB national test this last month and passed it just fine. The program did well in preparing me for the test—I especially liked the final exam. I felt like it helped prepare me really well! I just recently got a call from a Walgreen's pharmacy nearby and they offered me a job!" Read More Reviews »
- "We've been so impressed with Career Step and their graduates. Career Step as an organization has always impressed us—they're so top-notch, so on top of this industry. " Read More Reviews »