Career Step training helps you gain the skills you need to be successful in the workforce, and after graduation you'll also have access to a number of resources designed to help you turn your education into a job.
- Employer relationships: Career Step’s training is trusted by many employers, including the leading provider of healthcare services in the U.S. and one of the nation’s largest managed healthcare companies.
- *Placement Direct: This online, job search tool provides you access to the information for hundreds of medical transcription employers and lets you manage all of your employer research, applications, and pre-employment testing information in one place.
- Resume and cover letter review: An experienced Graduate Advisor will work with you one-on-one to make sure your resume and cover letter are targeted to the industry, up-to-date, and as polished as possible before you start your job search.
- Personalized interview preparation: We know it's almost impossible to get hired without a good interview, so you'll also have access to one-on-one, personalized job interview preparation to help you develop the skills you need to nail the interview and get hired.
- Employment and job search discussion: You can set up a one-on-one appointment with a Graduate Advisor to discuss employment and job search options like how to network, how to use the resources we provide, and more.
- New job opening notifications:Career Step works hard to build relationships with employers nationwide, and many will let us know when they have an entry-level position available. We'll let you know when companies matching your preferences are hiring so you can be sure to get your application in.
- Employer education:Want an employer to know what you're capable of? Provide your Graduate Advisor the name and specific contact details for the hiring contact at a company you're applying to, and we'll be happy to reach out with additional information on the caliber of Career Step's medical coding and billing training.
- Career Step Help Hotline:When you're the new kid at a new job, asking for help can be intimidating. As a Career Step graduate, you'll have access to the Career Step Help Hotline for a full year after graduation in case you need a little help or advice as you're building your career.
All of these resources are provided with the end goal of helping you turn your education into a job. With this individualized help and attention, the majority of our graduates are hired within a few months of graduation.
*Available for Medical Transcription and Medical Transcription and Editing graduates only.