Career Step is a premier online training organization that offers a variety of funding options for military personnel and family interested in training for rewarding careers. The organization is MyCAA approved, enabling military spouses to train with all of their costs covered, and also offers savings of up to 90% for active duty service members and veterans as well as standard military discounts for the entire military community. We are deeply committed to serving the military community, which gives so much to serve us all.
The savings available to you depend on your role within the military community.
- Military spouses – Many spouses qualify for the MyCAA funding program. Spouses of active duty service members who are not eligible for MyCAA funding may be able to save up to 90% through our partnership with FTCC. Learn more about these discounts here. All spouses not qualifying for one of the two programs above can take advantage of our standard military discounts.
- Active duty service members – Those service members serving on active duty can save up to 90% through our partnership with FTCC. Learn more about these discounts here. Career Step is also approved for TA funding.
- Veterans – Veterans can save up to 90% through our partnership with FTCC. Learn more about these discounts here. Career Step is also approved for Chapter 31 VA Voc Rehab (for disabled veterans).
- All other members of the military community – Anyone in the military community not eligible for the programs listed above is welcome to take advantage of our standard military discounts.
MyCAA offers $4,000 for eligible military spouses who are training for new careers through certificate, licensing, or associate degree programs. These are the MyCAA-provided qualification requirements:
- You must be a current spouse of an active duty Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine, National Guard, or Reserve member in pay grades E1-E5, O1-O2, or W1-W2.
- If a military member is a National Guard and/or AGR member, they must be on federal Title 10 active duty orders as reported in DEERS for their spouse to be eligible for MyCAA funding.
MyCAA has specifically said that those who are not eligible include:
- Spouses of service members in pay grades E-6 and above, W-3 and above, and O-3 and above
- Spouses who are a member of the armed forces themselves currently on Title 10 orders
- Spouses who are married but legally separated (or under court order or statute of any state or U.S. territory) from a member of the armed forces on Title 10 orders
- Spouses whose National Guard/reserve component military sponsor is in a Warning Orders/Alert, Post Deployment/Demobilization, or Transition status
- Spouses married to a member of the Coast Guard
- Spouses who are unable to start and complete coursework while their military sponsor is on Title 10 orders
All spouses of active-duty military service members, regardless of the service member’s rank or branch of service, are eligible for the 90% military discounts offered by Career Step through its academic partner FTCC. Learn more about these discounts here. Spouses of veterans, reserve, or retired service members are eligible for our standard military tuition discounts. Learn more about these discounts here.
The MyCAA scholarship only covers program costs. Fees for courses already started or not included on the spouse’s Education and Training plan are not eligible, and MyCAA will not provide reimbursements of any kind. MyCAA will also not cover high school completion programs or continuing education credits to maintain standing within a professional organization.
A complete list of what is not covered can be found in the Military OneSource MyCAA Fact Sheet.
The MyCAA funding program offers $4,000 to eligible spouses to cover program costs for education and training leading to an associate degree (excluding those in General Studies, Liberal Arts, or Interdisciplinary Studies without an emphasis) or obtaining a license, certificate, or certification. Programs must be MyCAA approved at an accredited college, university, or technical school in the United States.
All spouses of veterans and active-duty military service members, regardless of the service member’s rank or branch of service, are eligible for the 90% military discounts offered by Career Step through its academic partner FTCC. Learn more about these discounts here.
Spouses of veterans, reserve, or retired service members are eligible for our standard military discounts. Learn more about these discounts here.
The Career Step programs available through FTCC provide the same flexible, online, expert-created training as programs taken directly through Career Step. Learners will also have the same one-on-one access to trainers and career advisors. The only difference in the courses is that FTCC offers them in distinct blocks (1-2 blocks are required depending on your program of study). With the discounts available through FTCC, learners pay only $180 per block. When signing up through FTCC, there are also set registration deadlines and block start dates. To find out when the next class period starts, call 855-261-7366 today.