- Expand Your Resume
- Get Access to More Jobs
- Prepare for the Future of the Industry
- All for Only $699
Get Started TodayEnroll Online
Career FastTrack: Medical Transcription Editing
Why Should I Add Medical Transcription Editing to My Skill Set?
The Career FastTrack: Medical Transcription Editing course is designed for already trained medical transcriptionists, just like you, and will help you:
- Expand your resume – Add experience editing speech recognition generated reports to your resume and stay up-to-date in an evolving industry.
- Get access to more jobs – Employers are looking for professionals with advanced medical transcription skills to produce both quality transcription and editing work, and you can quickly gain the edge you need to be more in-demand.
- Prepare for the future of the industry – The medical transcription industry is evolving, and adding speech recognition editing to your resume will help you stay competitive and advance your career.
Speech recognition technology is changing the medical transcription industry, but with the Career FastTrack: Medical Transcription Editing course, you can improve the skills you need to be competitive.
Is Career Step the School for Me?
Over 100,000 Career Step students can't be wrong. Choose Career Step, and you'll graduate with the skills you need to succeed immediately upon graduation. Career Step offers:
- Affordable tuition – Career Step's Career FastTrack: Medical Transcription Editing training helps you quickly develop the speech recognition editing skills you need to succeed for only $699.
- Trusted reputation – Career Step has been educating quality medical transcriptionists for over 20 years and, as one of the best schools in the industry, has developed training you can trust.
- Employer relationships – Over 700 employers have hired Career Step graduates, and we've worked closely with employer partners to make sure the curriculum helps you gain the skills they're looking for.
Choose Career Step for the quality education you need to keep your skills up-to-date as a medical transcriptionist.
Medical Transcription Editor Training
Is the Career FastTrack: Medical Transcription Editing Course Right For Me?
Our Career FastTrack: Medical Transcription Editing course focuses solely on helping you gain specialized speech recognition editing skills and assumes you have a solid foundation of medical transcription skills.
Do you have what it takes to gain these skills? Find out by taking our simple skills evaluation test!
How Long Will the Training Take?
The Career FastTrack: Medical Transcription Editing training program is designed to be completed in about 2 months of part-time study. However, the online format allows you to study on your own schedule and at your own pace, so your enrollment includes 4 months of program access in case you need extra time.
What Will I Be Learning?In the Career FastTrack: Medical Transcription Editing course you'll learn:
- Editing in the industry
- Editing theory
- Editing technique
After establishing a solid knowledge foundation, you'll move to the "practicum" section. In the practicum, you'll develop your editing skills by practicing on hundreds of authentic doctor dictations and patient records. This hands-on experience will prepare you to use your new skills in the workforce as soon as you graduate.
For more information on what is included in the Career FastTrack: Medical Transcription Editing training program, download the brochure:
Career FastTrack: Medical Transcription Editing Tuition
How Much Does the Career FastTrack: Medical Transcription Editing Course Cost?
Everything you need to succeed is included in one, low tuition payment of $699.
Former Career Step students and graduates are also eligible for a significant discount. If you've trained with Career Step before, call 1-800-411-7073 to enroll over the phone and claim your discount!
The tuition fee entitles you to an initial 4 months of program access.
What is Included With My Training Program?
Everything you need to succeed is included with your Career Step program. You'll have:
- Complete online access to expert-created curriculum
- One-on-one help from your experienced instructors and our technical support team
The Career FastTrack: Medical Transcription Editing program includes 107 hours of curriculum.
Medical Transcription Editor Skill Evaluation Test
Register Below to Take the Medical Transcription Editor Skill Evaluation Test!
Take our short online Medical Transcription Skills Evaluation Test to find out which of the Career Step Medical Transcription Editor programs is right for you.
The Career FastTrack: Medical Transcription Editing program focuses solely on the specialized speech recognition editing skill set, and the material assumes the student has a solid foundation of medical transcription skills, while the full, career Medical Transcription Editor program teaches students medical transcription and speech recognition editing from the ground up. To ensure your success with the continuing education program, online this skill evaluation test is designed with both an objective and practical portion to measure your level of preparation for the supplement course. After completion, you'll be provided with a recommendation of which program best fits your skill level.
Career FastTrack: Medical Transcription Editing FAQs
Get answers to the most common and important questions about enrolling in the Career FastTrack: Medical Transcription Editing program at Career Step. Our FAQs section provides answers to help you make an informed decision about your education.
- What is the difference between the Medical Transcription Editor and the Career FastTrack: Medical Transcription Editing programs?
Career Step has developed two Medical Transcription Editor programs to provide speech recognition training that meets the needs of both new students and already-trained medical transcriptionists.
The full Medical Transcription Editor program is a career-focused course designed for students without medical transcription knowledge and skills. This course prepares them for a career as a medical transcriptionist or a medical transcription editor.
The Career FastTrack: Medical Transcription Editing program is designed for those who already have a solid foundation of medical transcription knowledge and skills. This program focuses solely on the specialized speech recognition editing skill set. We strongly recommend you take our short Medical Transcription Editor Skills Evaluation exam before deciding if the supplemental program is the best option for you.
- Do I need any prior qualifications to take the Career FastTrack: Medical Transcription Editing program?
The Career FastTrack: Medical Transcription Editing program assumes that you have a solid foundation of medical transcription knowledge and skills. We strongly recommend you take our short Medical Transcription Editor Skills Evaluation exam to assess whether you are a candidate for this supplemental program.
- How is our Career FastTrack: Medical Transcription Editing program structured?
The Career Step program is offered entirely online, providing 24/7 access to all material and allowing you to progress through the curriculum at a pace that fits your busy lifestyle. The program is broken into modules, or course subjects, and is designed to help you gain the practical experience you need to expand your resume in just a few weeks.
- What type of student support does Career Step offer?
Career Step's student support has several levels and is designed to ensure that you're not alone as you work through the online course.
Student Support Instructors and Advisors have professional experience in the industry and provide timely answers to questions about the program material.
Technical Support Advisors are available six days a week to help you work through any technical or computer issues encountered within the training.
Though the course is entirely online, you'll never be on your own. Career Step's student support team is available to offer personal, ongoing support all the way through the training program.
- How much practice dictation is included in the programs?
There are 16 hours of real-life doctor dictations included in the Career Step training program. This dictation provides you the opportunity to work hands-on with speech recognition files from a variety of medical specialties. This practicum section of the course includes training with M*Modal speech recognition software*.* M*Modal is a trademark of Multimodal Technologies, Inc.
- How long does it take to finish the course?
The Career FastTrack: Medical Transcription Editing program offers over 100 hours of curriculum, including 16 hours of real-life dictation in the practicum section. Since the program is completely self-paced and the online training format allows you the flexibility to study at a pace your busy lifestyle allows, the time it takes you to complete the course will vary from other students.
Every student who enrolls in a Career Step training program receives an initial 4-month period of enrollment If you need extra time to complete the course after your initial enrollment, we have extensions available for purchase, please call 1-800-246-7837 for details.
- What computer specifications are required to complete the course?
We recommend the following computer system specifications:
- Active internet connection (High speed/Broadband connection recommended)
- 800 X 600 minimum resolution (1024 X 768 or higher recommended)
- Sound card and speakers (Earphones recommended)
- Available USB port
- Adobe Flash Player (ver. 10 or higher)
- Windows Media Player (ver. 10 or higher) or Quicktime Player (ver. 7 or higher)
- PDF reader
- Internet Explorer 9.x/10.x/11.x
- Firefox 3.x or greater*
- Safari 3.1 to 8.0 (Mac only)*
- Microsoft Windows (XP®, Vista®, 7 with latest service pack)
- Mac OS X (10.4.11 or greater)*
- Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) is not currently compatible
*The Career FastTrack: Medical Transcription Editing course includes a third party software tool that makes the training only compatible with Microsoft Windows and Internet Explorer.
Note: Mobile browsing devices are not currently supported. However, Career Step is investigating the implementation of mobile device support, and these specifications will be updated once a decision has been reached.
Read Clare Braham's story »
Read Linda Berge's story »
Read Carrie Verrocchio's story »
Read Carly Mortensen's story »