- Develop Skills Needed for New Certifications
- Train in as little as 7 Weeks at Your Pace
- Choose Employer-trusted Training
- All for Only $695
Ends Oct 26: Free laptop or up to $400 off!Enroll Online »
ICD-10 for ICD-9 Coders Course
Why Is ICD-10 Training Important?
Recently the entire healthcare industry made the transition from the ICD-9 to the ICD-10 code set. This means there are additional responsibilities for medical coders, because the new ICD-10 code set:
- Significantly expands the codes used – The ICD-9 code set had about 17,000 codes whereas the ICD-10 code set has over 155,000 codes. These new codes are more specific and more complex, requiring coders to have specialized training to effectively use them.
- Increases the importance of biomedical sciences – With the shift to more complex codes, an understanding of the biomedical sciences—medical terminology, anatomy, pathophysiology, and pharmacology—is even more important for medical coders.
Medical coders who want to stay current and successful in the industry must have ICD-10 specific training—and AHIMA and AAPC recommend that coders have both biomedical sciences and code set training. This course is intended for new ICD-9 coders, not those who have never completed medical coding training or experienced medical coders.
Is Career Step the School for Me?
Career Step has developed a streamlined ICD-10 for ICD-9 Coders course specifically for new ICD-9 medical coders. Our program is:
- All-inclusive – Career Step's ICD-10 for ICD-9 Coders course will help you gain the biomedical sciences and code training you need to be successful, and everything you need is included for only $695.
- Expert-designed – Developed in conjunction with respected industry experts Ann Zeisset, RHIT, CCS, CCS-P, and Gail Smith, MA, RHIA, CCS-P, this course is built on the expertise needed for success.
- Employer-trusted – Some of the largest and most respected healthcare employers in the nation (including the leading provider of healthcare services in the U.S. and one of the nation's largest managed healthcare companies) are using Career Step’s curriculum to train their employees! Choose training that even employers are using!
Career Step's ICD-10 for ICD-9 Coders course is also pre-approved to provide you 24 AHIMA CEUs and 12 AAPC CEUs. Choose Career Step for the quality education you need to keep your skills up-to-date as a medical coder in the constantly changing healthcare industry!
Read Carly Mortensen's story »
Read Carrie Verrocchio's story »
Read Traci Martin's story »
Read Clare Braham's story »