- Train in as little as 4 months at your pace
- Prepare to earn average salaries of $40,000/yr
- Learn both ICD-10-CM and PCS
- All for only $3,495
- Free laptop or up to $500 off!
Free laptop or up to $500 off!Enroll Online »
ICD-10 CM & PCS Coding Training & Online Certification
There has been a big change to the medical coding industry. Healthcare facilities have transitioned from the ICD-9 code set to ICD-10 (on October 1, 2015). As someone entering this field, this means you’ll need to know the ICD-10-CM & ICD-10-PCS codes in order to work in the field.
Career Step's Professional Medical Coding and Billing training program will cover the CPT, HCPCS, ICD-10-CM, and ICD-10-PCS code sets. Knowing both the ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS code sets will give you a head start in the job market because most entry-level coding programs only teach students the ICD-10-CM codes and with PCS knowledge you’ll be prepared to apply for positions in hospitals. With additional ICD-10-PCS training, you’ll be prepared for exciting career advancement opportunities. You’ll graduate with the skills needed to earn national certification and start working right away.
With Career Step, you’ll be prepared for:
- The ICD-10 code set – The new code set includes approximately 155,000 codes (ICD-9 only has about 17,000), and you'll need very specific education to make sure you're ready to work with all those new diagnosis and procedure codes.
- Revised industry certifications – Career Step prepares you for the CCA (offered by AHIMA) and the CPC (offered by AAPC) medical coding certification exams. These exams now test on ICD-10 codes, so you’ll need to know the current coding system if you want to earn your industry credential.
- Increased ICD-10 job opportunities – There was a nationwide shortage of medical coders before the ICD-10 transition, and the change only increased the need. Take advantage of this need, and start training today.
Want an in-demand career and the assurance that you're being prepared to get a job? Choose Career Step's Professional Medical Coding and Billing course with comprehensive training in ICD-10 diagnosis codes!
Read Ken Sloan's story »
Read Nicole Turkington's story »
Read Danita Allen's story »
Read Andrea Neske's story »