- Enter a field expected to add 64,000+ jobs
- Train in as little as 4 months at your pace
- Prepare to earn average salaries of $34,000/yr
- All for only $3,795
- See the Top 5 Reasons to Choose Career Step
- Enroll Today: Get a laptop plus FREE textbooks!
Enroll Today: Get a laptop plus FREE textbooks!Enroll Online »
Medical Office Manager Training Program
How Long Will the Training Take?
The Medical Office Manager training program is designed to be completed in 4 months of full-time study. However, the online course format allows you to study on your own schedule and at your own pace, so your enrollment includes 12 months of program access in case you need extra time.
What Will I Be Learning?
The Career Step Medical Office Manager program covers:
- Medical terminology
- Payers, payment systems, and reimbursement methodologies
- HIPAA regulations
- Billing and collections
- Basics of billing and EHR software tools
- Microsoft Office skills
- Office communication
- Medical office procedures and management
The program also includes hands-on training on the ezEMRx software and industry-standard billing forms. Learning to use this software and these forms before graduation ensures you develop the skills you’ll need on the job and minimizes necessary on-the-job training once you start working. The program’s focus is on preparing you to manage a medical office and pass the CMAA and CEHRS certification exams and start working as soon as you graduate.
Want more details about exactly what's included in the program? Download a brochure or program syllabus to learn more or review the learning objectives for each module.
Read Erika Gomm's story »
Read Carrie Verrocchio's story »
Read Brittany Emerine's story »
Read Michelle Spoden's story »