MARCH ONLY: Lock in 2013 pricing and get a free laptop or Kindle FireEnroll Online »
Medical Transcriptionist Course Tuition
How Much Does the Medical Transcriptionist Course Cost?
Everything you need to succeed is included in one, low tuition payment:
|Medical Transcription Editor||$2,795|
The Medical Transcription Editor program is Career Step's premier medical transcription training program, preparing you to be a medical transcription editor as well as a medical transcriptionist. Medical transcription editors work with reports created by speech recognition technology, which is becoming more and more popular in the industry. The Medical Transcription Editor program prepares you for the future of the medical transcription industry.
This tuition fee entitles you to an initial 12 months of access to the course. Each of the programs is designed to be completed in 4 months of full-time study, and we provide you 12 months of access to ensure you have the time you need.
Are Payment Plans or Tuition Assistance Available?
Career Step is committed to providing you with an affordable educational experience. To provide flexibility when enrolling in the online medical transcription course, several payment options are available.
What is Included With My Training Program?
Everything you need to succeed is included with your Career Step program. You'll have:
- Complete online access to expert-created curriculum
- 10-volume text companion series of textbooks
- One-on-one support from your instructors and our technical support team
- Graduate support designed to help you turn your education into a job
- Transcription foot pedal (device used to control audio playback when transcribing)
- 15-month membership to the Association for Healthcare Documentation Integrity (AHDI)
- 15-month subscription to Benchmark KB (an online database that includes a dynamic medical dictionary, AHDI Book of Style, and many other medical transcription resources)
The Medical Transcription Editor program includes 640 hours of curriculum and the Medical Transcription program includes 570 hours of curriculum.
Are There Any Additional Upgrades?
The Career Step Audio CD Library is also available for $75. This upgrade offers the opportunity to gain even more hands-on experience than is provided in the training program. The Audio CD Library provides 70 audio files, and the accompanying answer keys, which don't exist within the training programs—providing you the opportunity to expand your experience base.
Fill out the form above to access our free ebook today!
Check out our new infographic!
Are MTs Still Needed?
Get the facts on the medical transcription industry in our infographic! Find out what industry demand looks like, where MTs work, and what you can expect to earn.
Check out this video for a quick and easy medical transcription industry overview. Find out why there’s a shortage of well-trained professionals and how you can start your career.
A certificate program is a quick, affordable way to learn job skills that can make the difference between wishing you could get a new job and starting a rewarding new career.
Career Step graduate, Dana, describes her experience with the online school as she chose to study with Career Step as a medical transcriptionist. Watch Video »
- "Before Career Step I was enrolled in another medical transcription program. After this first program, I started applying for jobs. I applied for about 3 months and never got past the transcription portion to be interviewed. Finally, feeling frustrated, I enrolled in Career Step. The program did take me more than a year to complete, but I got a job 2 weeks after graduation. This program prepare the student for the real world medical transcription positions. Anyone wanting to secure a job in the medical transcription field should study with Career Step. I wish I had gone through them the first time." Read More Reviews »
- "I couldn't be happier with the Career Step program. The course material was so thorough, and it was presented in a way that was really easy to understand on your own." Read More Reviews »
- "I was always very skeptical when it came to taking courses online. I always felt that it would be better to be in a classroom environment, but when I started Career Step, boy did I get comfortable quick. I was amazed at how much support was there for me, and I sure did use it. The student support team was always there to listen to me and encourage me and help me get my mind back on track. . . . They helped me with anything and everything . . . WOW! Thank you so much, Career Step!" Read More Reviews »
- "Our company has hired 5 of your graduates and they have all done very well, and I credit your school with this. It is obvious that you prepare them well, as seen in the ease in which they adapt and turn out quality reports. . . . I will continue to hire graduates of Career Step and want you to know that we appreciate the well-rounded education you provide." Read More Reviews »
- "The experience with Career Step was a wonderful one. I was working two jobs and raising my newborn son while taking these courses, and the program is so convenient that even I was able to find the appropriate time." Read More Reviews »
- "We've been so impressed with Career Step and their graduates. Career Step as an organization has always impressed us—they're so top-notch, so on top of this industry. " Read More Reviews »
- "When I went for my interview, because of my thorough Career Step training, I was hired on the spot. The company owner was amazed at my transcription skills compared to applications from local schools/colleges. I really like being a medical transcriptionist, and am so excited to have a career where I can work from my home." Read More Reviews »
- "I was able to get a job within 3 weeks of graduating, which was largely related to the Career Step name on my resume. I have talked to people and read that many new grads from other schools are looking for work for 4 to 6 months. I love my job and, while I am still learning the details of the job, I was well prepared for the work!" Read More Reviews »
Employment Focused Training
"The training you get from Career Step is just like the work you will receive when you start working." See More Reasons »
"The Career Step program is well-designed . . . Step by step, it leads the student through learning . . ." See More Reasons »
- "Thanks to the quality of my training, the support that I received, and the well-deserved reputation of the Career Step program, I got my first job exactly one month after graduation. Still at it, still learning and still very, very grateful for the knowledge, skills, and support I received with Career Step." Read More Reviews »
- "I did not know if I could be effective in this field as a T2 paraplegic. I had a deep desire to be a medical transcriptionist, so I kept positive and just went for it. I am now a medical transcription graduate and looking forward to finding employment. Carry on, and it will be worth all the effort you put forth!" Read More Reviews »
- "Career Step has provided me with a wonderful opportunity to start a new career. Thanks to the intense course, I feel confident in starting my new career. . . . I know I would not be able to do this work if your course had not been so complete." Read More Reviews »
- "I just got hired by a prestigious MT company. I graduated from Career Step 1 month and 12 days before. When I heard that honors graduates, on average, get jobs within a month of graduating, I was very skeptical. . . .Career Step is the main reason I got the job that I did. My new employers said they only hire from Career Step and one other MT program. They are very familiar with the quality of Career Step's training and do not even require testing if you graduated recently. " Read More Reviews »
- "Overall, I was very pleased with everything that Career Step had to offer. I was attracted to Career Step because I am a military spouse, and I was looking for a new career that would be easy to transfer, as my family transfers from one base to another. . . . As a new graduate, I look forward to all the new opportunities that Career Step has opened up to me." Read More Reviews »
- "I was very fortunate to find a job . . . within the first month. While I found the course to be exactly what it was advertised to be and I was very pleased with the training I received, I cannot say enough about Graduate Support! I was not expecting the level of involvement with my job search that Career Step provided. In my opinion, Career Step does not consider you to have completed the course until you have found employment!" Read More Reviews »
Big Bang for Your Buck
"I definitely got my money’s worth with Career Step…" See More Reasons »
- "I finished my training with Career Step just a month before my baby was born. I started looking for a job when he was four weeks old and was working when he was six weeks old. I love that my new career gives me the opportunity to stay home with my baby! I was impressed by how easy it was to find work once the employer knew I was trained by Career Step. With the help of this program, I was completely prepared for my new job. I have been recommending them to all of my friends." Read More Reviews »
- "Career Step gave me the training I needed to confidently begin a new career . . . Within a month of graduation I was hired and feel that every day I have used the knowledge gained from Career Step. Thanks for an excellent course!" Read More Reviews »
- "I just have to say that Career Step has TRULY changed my life!! You work so hard for a 2- or 4-year college degree and then are left with no on-the-job experience and no employment when you've graduated. Yet with Career Step, I was able to complete the course in less than a year, had training that left me fully prepared and equipped, and was contacted by a recruiter a few days after graduating!" Read More Reviews »
- "I made it through the course in a little less than a year, and I got hired less than 48 hours after I took the final!! . . . I have many friends who have gone to other schools and are still unemployed. Thankfully, I chose the right school that has a great reputation of producing top-notch students. Career Step really prepared me for employee testing and, ultimately, employment." Read More Reviews »
- "I was concerned that in this economy I was going to have a hard time finding a job after graduating. Also, everyone talks so much about companies not hiring new graduates, but from the day I received my final exam results, it took me 14 days to find a great job! I scored very well on the company test, and I know it was due to my training in the Career Step program!" Read More Reviews »