- Work from home
- Train in as little as 4 months at your pace
- Prepare to earn average salaries of $36,000/yr
- All for only $2,995
- FREE certification exam voucher upon graduation!
Free laptop or up to $500 off ends June 30!Enroll Online »
Medical Transcription Course Tuition
How Much Does the Medical Transcriptionist Course Cost?
Everything you need to succeed is included in one, low tuition payment of $2,995.
The Medical Transcription Editor program is Career Step's premier medical transcription course, preparing you to be a medical transcription editor as well as a medical transcriptionist. Medical transcription editors work with reports created by speech recognition technology, which is becoming more and more popular in the industry. The Medical Transcription Editor course prepares you for the future of the medical transcription industry.
This tuition fee entitles you to an initial 12 months of access to the course. The program is designed to be completed in 4 months of full-time study, and we provide you 12 months of access to ensure you have the time you need to complete your training.
Are Payment Plans or Tuition Assistance Available?
Career Step is committed to providing you with an affordable educational experience. To provide flexibility when enrolling in the online medical transcription course, several payment options are available.
What is Included With My Training Program?
Everything you need to succeed is included with your Career Step program. You'll have:
- Complete online access to expert-created curriculum
- Complete ebook library
- One-on-one support from your instructors and our technical support team
- A voucher to take the RHDS national certification exam upon graduation (a $190 value)
- Graduate support designed to help you turn your education into a job
- Transcription foot pedal (device used to control audio playback when transcribing)
- The AHDI Book of Style, 3rd Edition, ebook
- AHDI student membership
- 640 hours of curriculum
Are There Any Additional Upgrades?
The Career Step Audio CD Library is also available for $75. This upgrade offers the opportunity to gain even more hands-on experience than is provided in the training program. The Audio CD Library provides 70 audio files, and the accompanying answer keys, which don't exist within the training programs—providing you the opportunity to expand your experience base.
Are Medical Transcriptionists Still Needed?
Read Carmella Jones's story »
Read Carly Mortensen's story »
Read Traci Martin's story »
Read Carrie Verrocchio's story »