- Enter a field expected to add 64,000+ jobs
- Train in as little as 3 months at your pace
- Prepare to earn average salaries of $34,000/yr
- All for only $2,695
- See the Top 5 Reasons to Choose Career Step
- Free laptop & textbooks when you enroll by Oct. 31!
Free shipping & laptop when you enroll by Oct. 31!Enroll Online »
Medical Administrative Assistant with EHR Salary Information & ResourcesThe most reputable source for information on medical administrative assistants' pay is the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, which is a branch of the U.S. Department of Labor. The Bureau of Labor Statistics' May 2015 data reports:
- Average annual wages – On average a medical administrative assistant job has a salary of $34,330 a year, or an hourly average of over $16 an hour.
- Salary range – The report states that the middle 50% of medical administrative assistants earn between $27,070 and $39,540 a year.
- Top employers by industry – The top 3 employers of medical administrative assistants with EHR specialists are physicians’ offices, hospitals, and dentists’ offices. These different employers vary in the amount they pay: physicians’ offices pay an average of $32,940 a year, hospitals pay an average of $34,800 a year, and dentists’ offices pay an average of $38,850 a year.
Read Allison Toedebusch's story »
Read Michelle Spoden's story »