Course Description465 Hours / Self-Paced / Online Access -
The purpose of this course is to equip the student with knowledge and understanding about the importance and health benefits of proper nutrition, exercise, fitness, and healthy living. In this course, the topics of diet, exercise, nutritional elements, supplements, disease prevention, and weight management are explored. The goal is to prepare the student to use this understanding to facilitate healthy living in others.
Laurie Gilbreath holds a Master of Arts in Education with 10+ years' experience as a professional-development facilitator, designer, and educational trainer. Throughout her career, Laurie has developed courses, training manuals, and educational ebooks on topics ranging from healthcare and business to administration and quality management.
Willow Nolland is an expert in education and eLearning, with more than 10 years of experience in curriculum development and instructional design. She has worked in higher education for over 12 years, developed numerous courses, and has been involved in curriculum development across disciplines. In addition, she has developed and administered professional development programs for various groups, including teachers, counselors, healthcare workers, and members of private industry.
Sharpen your Mind. Improve Your Life.
We’ve spent the last 25+ years developing the most comprehensive healthcare training programs on the market for one reason: so you can become a better version of yourself.
Who Should Take This Course?
If you have a passion for healthy living, and you want to share that passion with others, this course will give you the knowledge you need to speak with authority.
Nutritional Consultant Modules
- Introduction to Nutrition for Health, Fitness, and Sports Performance
- Healthful Nutrition
- Human Energy
- Carbohydrates - the Main Energy Food
- Fat - Exercise Energy Source
- Protein - the Tissue Builder
- Water, Electrolytes, and Temperature
- Body Weight and Composition
- Weight Management
- Food Drugs and Supplements
Personal Fitness Trainer Modules
- Introduction to the Field and Profession of Personal Training
- The Science of Personal Training
- Behavior Modification
- Initial Client Screening
- Comprehensive Program Design
- Types of Training
- Program Components and Working with Special Populations
- Business and Legal Components