OCT ONLY: Get a free iPad or up to $500 off!Enroll Online »
Medical Administrative Assistant with EHR Career
Is Medical Administrative Assistant the Career for Me?
Healthcare is changing. With healthcare reform medical records must move to an electronic format, which has created an incredible need for medical administrative professionals trained on electronic health record (EHR) software, and employers are looking for medical administrative assistants with electronic health records specialist.
The medical administrative assistant career path offers a number of benefits, including:
- Opportunities all across healthcare – Healthcare is one of the largest industries in the country, and the move to electronic records affects the entire industry, creating career opportunities for medical administrative assistants, particularly those with EHR expertise, nationwide.
- Preparation for the future of healthcare – Government healthcare reform and a focus on decreased costs with enhanced patient care are making electronic health records increasingly important. Building a career around this change ensures you're prepared for the future of the industry and are more marketable when you start your job search.
- Competitive salaries and benefits – Medical administrative assistants enjoy competitive salaries as well as the potential for traditional employment benefits.
A career as a medical administrative assistant with EHR expertise offers the opportunity to earn a great income while staying at the forefront of the growing healthcare industry.
Is Career Step the School for Me?
Over 85,000 Career Step students can't be wrong. Choose Career Step, and graduate with the skills you need to start working right away. Career Step offers:
- Affordable tuition for hands-on training – Career Step’s Medical Administrative Assistant with EHR program includes hands-on training on industry-standard ezEMRx software so you can develop the expertise you need to excel in your new career for only $2,395.
- Preparation for a rapidly growing career – Employment of medical administrative assistants is expected to grow by 36%, or over 189,200 new jobs, by 2022, and professionals with EHR expertise will be in the highest demand.
- Training to excel in the workforce – Quickly gain the skills you need to start working right after graduation, including those required to earn the Certified Medical Administrative Assistant and Certified Electronic Health Record Specialist credentials.
Choose Career Step for the quality education you need to secure a successful healthcare career as a medical administrative assistant with EHR expertise.
The electronic health record industry expects over 180,000 new jobs in the next few years. Find out if this is the career for you!
A certificate program is a quick, affordable way to learn job skills that can make the difference between wishing you could get a new job and starting a rewarding new career.
Make an online program work for you! Check out our 5 student-tested study tips for staying motivated and productive as an online student.
Learn how to be great study buddy—whether you’re studying online or on-campus! Our infographic will also give you tips on how to choose the perfect study buddy.
- "I was very fortunate to find a job . . . within the first month. While I found the course to be exactly what it was advertised to be and I was very pleased with the training I received, I cannot say enough about Graduate Support! I was not expecting the level of involvement with my job search that Career Step provided. In my opinion, Career Step does not consider you to have completed the course until you have found employment!" Read More Reviews »