Being a Pharmacy Technician is a unique job. Some people may think you just count pills all day, but those of us behind-the-counter know the pharmacy is a far more dynamic and exciting workplace than meets the eye. There are a few things you come to know and experience only as a Pharmacy Technician, and they are both humorous and frustrating. Read our list below of things only a pharmacy technician would understand. (Do you have any great things that only pharmacy technicians would understand? Comment below and let us know!)
8 Things Only Pharmacy Technicians Would Understand
- The sweet smell of sulfa dust in the morning.
- Paper cuts from prescriptions and patient information sheets are a very real occupational hazard.
- You know the unspoken code among your co-workers: Never interrupt a technician mid-count for a 120 tablet prescription.
- Every doctor’s handwriting is so terrible they all each seem to be writing in their own language…but you can make out 1 PO QID like a native speaker of Dr. Wilson-ese.
- January 1st isn’t New Year’s Day, it’s insurance deductible reset day.
- The sinking feeling when a patient’s insurance won’t cover their medication…
- …and the exhilarating thrill when after a few phone calls to their doctor and insurance company, you get to tell your patient his or her medication is covered!
- How much you come to love your patients, even in their quick visit to the pharmacy.
Interested in becoming a Pharmacy Technician? Start training for your new career from home today! Find more information here.